Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Stand Finished - Waiting For Glass
I picked up my panels yesterday and fitted them to the stand. Came out looking really professional.
The 2 PAC guys did a brilliant finish. The cladding ended up costing $80 for the board all cut to size (I got that right luckily) and $150 to paint.
Each panel attaches to the frame with 4 magnets and sits on adjustable feet.
I still have to align the panels exactly once everything is sitting in place on the level floor, but that will be easy with all the adjustment points.
It’s good to have no more expensive hinges that just rusted out. If any of the (cheap) attachment points rust it will be easy as to replace them.
I’m also looking forward to now having complete access to inside the cabinet with the easy removal of all panels, instead of having to struggle to do anything major in my current stand.

7B97B045-686F-41A3-B2CD-5F1E717FD221.jpeg

Screw ins for the adjustable feet
E2F9D282-4F0D-4676-B77D-330257EB979A.jpeg

All panels attached - happy with the result
06CD5820-B6DD-4F14-ADBD-4CF237B6709C.jpeg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Have to say thanks to @daveH and @somethingfishy76 for showing me their tanks today. These two gentlemen are extraordinarily humble and quiet achievers when it comes to reefing....
Dave and Gerhard are thoroughly methodical in the way they approach tank and associated equipment assembly.
Getting the basics right is paramount to success , the key lesson learned from the visit today.

The Reefuge forum has produced a lovely network of friendly like minded hobbyists over the years who seem to always find it easy to pick up exactly where they last left off.

Now back to the stand , I can say this stand has to be the most innovative and tricked out piece of furniture I've ever seen. Can't wait for the next update.

Good luck with the arrival of the tank, shout out if you need a hand with it.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Thanks mate. It was great to catch up with you yesterday to talk tanks and Rs. It was good to hear we might have inspired you to get your tank back on track.
Thanks again mate for taking the time to drop by.

Have to say thanks to @daveH and @somethingfishy76 for showing me their tanks today. These two gentlemen are extraordinarily humble and quiet achievers when it comes to reefing....
Dave and Gerhard are thoroughly methodical in the way they approach tank and associated equipment assembly.
Getting the basics right is paramount to success , the key lesson learned from the visit today.

The Reefuge forum has produced a lovely network of friendly like minded hobbyists over the years who seem to always find it easy to pick up exactly where they last left off.

Now back to the stand , I can say this stand has to be the most innovative and tricked out piece of furniture I've ever seen. Can't wait for the next update.

Good luck with the arrival of the tank, shout out if you need a hand with it.
Picking up Dave's the tank and sump, Dennison Seeto drilling the holes for us.

IMG_4110.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4112.JPG

image.jpg

He's a happy boy today....
This is going to be a Beaut build @daveH

Got the tank upstairs and on the stand. Now for the plumbing and cable management work. Friday is the big day we move the coral, fish, sand and do the scaping.
It going to be awesome.

IMG_4115.JPG
IMG_4116.JPG
IMG_4117.JPG
IMG_4118.JPG

Oh and check out Dave Tracky.... I mean it's incredible!!! It's like 150mm acrossand just insane. This guy can grow stuff.

IMG_4119.JPG

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
And a huge thank you goes out to Gerhard for all his help today getting everything ready for the new tank - an old fart like me just couldn’t do it without him. Even with a really bad back he put so much effort in today he split his pants trying haha.