Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Tank Update Thread
Here's a snap of my minimalistic bonsai approach to aqua scaping. Finally got some time tonight to work on it. Spent the pass 2 hours or so locking a box full of rock together to get the right shape and depth. It's been puttied already and is nearly finished curing. Will take more pictures from different angles to show the scape better but for now....
awww.masa.asn.au_phpBB3_images_smilies_rtaw_clap.gif

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey man, pictures will be up of the scape once it's seeded properly and I transfer over the stock. For the time being.. I'm just waiting on my stand and deciding what lighting I want for the tank..

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
My LED lighting choice has been finalized. I've chose the Illumagic Combo Ray 30cm Unit for its sleek and simplsitic design. I've gone with 3x Cool Whites, 2x Royal Blue & 1x UV. This colour combination will be best suited for my tank and will look most natural. I've also gone with the silicone lenses which increases the brightness by 80%. These are just pictures below of the unit I'll be receiving shortly.

Thanks for the help @dalua_australia We'll speak soon mate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
AND ITS BLOODY UP AND RUNNING!

I've spent all morning on this.. Finally finished with the tank transfer and everything seems to be happy.. Fish are eating but corals.. Haven't exactly fully opened up yet but I gotta say.. The combo ray looks pretty sick over the tank and it lights up nicely with no shaded areas.. It's currently on about 70% blue and white.

Don't mind the messy looking tank.. Nothing's glued down yet.. And I've got a bunch of frag plugs on them laying on the bottom. Well anyways.. Enjoy guys.

image.jpg

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Looking good jimmy, are you selling off the frags or keeping them for yourself :cool:
Thanks dude, them frags.. I'm probably gonna grow out more than maybe sell.. But a lot of them are still quite small.. All aquacultured. No cutting on all these ones on the plugs on the bottom glass.

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
Ok awsome, your doing well for them to be aquacultured! You know where to find me when that time comes :rolleyes Is this your main tank now?

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Ok awsome, your doing well for them to be aquacultured! You know where to find me when that time comes :rolleyes Is this your main tank now?
Yeah dude, I know my ricordeas very well. I got tired of the process of fragging rics etc so I just let everything be, but I will start fragging when the tanks more stable.. But selectively though.

Yeah it sure is, my little nano tank. I went smaller. :)

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey guys. I just wanted to get around and post a front tank shot with the added sand bed and the corals added. Because it's such a small tank.. If had to be placed with a lot of frags instead of big piece of corals. Therefore.. It takes quite some time before you see results.. I which I mean growth.. In the coral itself and spreading onto the rock work by doing so and reproducing. I have placed about 10 aquacultured ric frags over to the left hand side.

Zoas on the right hand side on frag disk and the front left and isolate rock with frag plugs infront are actually the green star polyps I received today which I cleane dip and glued to the rock and the excess onto plugs. Hence why it looks like a mess.. But nothing good ever comes out from rushing.. The photos are taken under the combo ray marine 30 with my iPad with 100% white and 50% blue to show true colours of corals so there no misconception of editing and colour enhancing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Hey guys, I've got some bad news.. My royal gramma which I've had for a while sadly died.. Puttied down the Dallas frag and did some glueing.. Couldn't glue everything else as I ran out..

My separate green star polyps rock to the front right is finally opened up and looking nice. Been looking for this variety for a while.. The green without the white centre. In time.. I'm hoping for it to totally cover the rock.. I've also placed frag plugs with them around the tank.

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
6 Weeks Fallow:

After my tragic incident. I have no choice but to run the tank fallow. At this point I've just cleaned the tank up by glueing corals and frags down into place and fragged anything that needed to be fragged.

I've also purchased a few corals over the last week.. On the good side of things.. I'll be getting a yellow watchmen goby pair hopefully this week.. I've purchased a new nano tank just as a temporary holding tank wih PVC and a piece of 2 year old cured live rock just for abit of filtration.

In the coming weeks.. Hopefully awaiting for some dry goods to arrive.. Ordered a hydor slim skim nano acro power, reef roids, Polyp booster, ocean wonders round frag disc, ecotech coral glue, corals revive dip. So I guess you can say I'll get back into action and start fragging some things.

image.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
6 Weeks Fallow:

After my tragic incident. I have no choice but to run the tank fallow. At this point I've just cleaned the tank up by glueing corals and frags down into place and fragged anything that needed to be fragged.

I've also purchased a few corals over the last week.. On the good side of things.. I'll be getting a yellow watchmen goby pair hopefully this week.. I've purchased a new nano tank just as a temporary holding tank wih PVC and a piece of 2 year old cured live rock just for abit of filtration.

In the coming weeks.. Hopefully awaiting for some dry goods to arrive.. Ordered a hydor slim skim nano acro power, reef roids, Polyp booster, ocean wonders round frag disc, ecotech coral glue, corals revive dip. So I guess you can say I'll get back into action and start fragging some things.

View attachment 41204
Should've gone the Tunze 9004 or the 9001 (yet to come out) i had the slimskim nano, was not a fan at all :(

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Should've gone the Tunze 9004 or the 9001 (yet to come out) i had the slimskim nano, was not a fan at all :(
The 9004 was too big for my application that was needed. It need to fit in the back left corner of the tank.. And clear the mp10 as it sits in the middle on the tank.. The nano is only 8cm in length.. which is perfect the 9004 is about an inch longer and it just cleaners the mp10

The 9001 did seem cool.. But didn't wanna wait that long.. My cousin runs the slim skim nano and it's working pretty well for him

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
The 9004 was too big for my application that was needed. It need to fit in the back left corner of the tank.. And clear the mp10 as it sits in the middle on the tank.. The nano is only 8cm in length.. which is perfect the 9004 is about an inch longer and it just cleaners the mp10

The 9001 did seem cool.. But didn't wanna wait that long.. My cousin runs the slim skim nano and it's working pretty well for him

could have just been me that was the problem with the slim skim haha