News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The end of the internet is here.
Cispa, which is SOPA in a different form had not had as much coverage as SOPA did. Because of this, the majority of people on the internet had little to no clue what Cispa is. For those of you who don't know what CISPA is, I have provided a video for you all.

Because of this, The Reefuge will be shutting down for 24 hours in a blackout starting at 12:00am on the 21st of April. This is an attempt to get The Reefuge members to spread the word about Cispa everywhere they can. Everyone must know about this act, not because they are going to try and stop it, but because it will truly allow people to see exactly how desperate the governments are to silence people. In all likelihood, this act will pass.

It is going to be a very sad day in our history when something like this passes.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I was talking to a colleague at work yesterday who mentioned as someone who grew up in a communist country where he had some political involvement. He mentioned that so many of these "democratic" governments - ours and the US specifically, are so incredibly similar to communist govts in so many ways; and not in the ways that years of anti-communistic propaganda they've pushed upon us would have us think.
The more I see "democratic" governments behave like this, the more I think he's right - the way they behave behind the masquerade of democracy is not democratic.

V

'vspec'

wow, Its unravelling faster than I expected.
F%^k em! This masters of the universe syndrome is going to far.

Dean

Jan 7, 2012
Mulgrave
This is a joke. the fact that their government rates commercial interest over the internet more highly than the health of their citizens and economy is laughable. When will they stop trying to go backwards in the world instead of actually contributing something useful to civilisation. The biggest Terrorists in America are the Lobbyists and Politicians. They can't even get a bill past for public health insurance, yet everyone can agree to something as absurd as this.
Vspec is right, masters of the universe syndrome.
Wankers!
better go clear my browser history...

V

'vspec'

Keep the information flowing guys, they dont let me out much (can you blame them .lol)

V

'vspec'

I thought i was signing up for internet pizza, sadly, I was mistaken.