Tank Journal Archive

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
The Tank Is In... Well Semi In
Ok so i collected the tank today, the move went well except for one thing, this is that i didn't bring enough water, currently making water now so it should be ok, here are the pictures; sorry if there are double ups
20150531_202017.jpg this is what the tank looks like atm, only half full if you have any questions or tips just ask me

Attachments

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
currently mixing 29L (so exact ino), and making rodi water, the salinity is currently 1.022 (the stuff i am mixing), should i add more salt?
Nice. Congrats. Think you will need more than 29lt. Have u got lfs that can deliver to you tomorrow. Makes life a little easier ?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
they are all fine just about to put them in, tested for amonia and there is 0ppm
Awesome! I was a little worried after our chat last night. Glad the fish made it through the night :)
Just keep up the water changes in the tank because you might get a cycle or mini cycle because of the low temperature the rock got to.

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
Awesome! I was a little worried after our chat last night. Glad the fish made it through the night :)
Just keep up the water changes in the tank because you might get a cycle or mini cycle because of the low temperature the rock got to.
yep i will still adding water, i got the prime and ammonia test kit, should i be using the dosing system to dose all the additives?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
One thing about aquariums, just when you think you have enough supplies you need more. Always have water on hand for an emergency, ESPECIALLY when doing a tank transfer or move.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Dont worry about pH, it is fine as long as it is stable. My tank runs at about 7.7 too.
Calc alk and mag could all go up a tad but I would say your readings are just out of whack from moving the tank. Give it a few weeks to settle in and test again.
I would keep monitoring ammonia daily for a week or two just because of the tank move and the chance of a mini cycle.