Sydney
U Beaut Skimmer Arrives
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
So glad I did
@ReeferRob

It arrived .... Double coffin packaged and yep I'm stoked.
Solid build quality.
Happy yes!
Quiet yes!
Build quality solid ten!
Let's see what she can do after vinegar bath but....for the money so far a solid ten out of ten for effort.
First impressions could be onto something here.
Enjoy!!!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
You won't be disappointed mate, not in the least. The one thing I have noticed is they are very finicky about being clean, just the collection cup neck. Now if I can find the suspension kit for my halides I'll be even happier, lol.

cdan

Apr 16, 2015
Hi peoples,
I just got one as well the D500. Seems really solid haven't set it up yet however. my last skimmer was KZ revolution S and is much better built than that we'll see if it skims as well.
Thanks
Chris

I got The D700, These skimmers are worth they're weight in gold. I honestly dont see why some skimmers go for thousands and yet they do the same thing. My skimmer pulls out 35 - 45 mm of dark skimmate every day. Its tuned to skim fairly dry too... So its magic. @slin1977 , i see you moved the drain valve up under the cup. Its not big enough to drain the gunk and if you want a valve there you're going to need one with a bigger throut.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Glad to see you finally got your skimmer going Nils :) Hopefully everything bounces back in no time at all!!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
36 hours run time , wide open gate and pump on max.
1 inch skim.
Tuned it for the first time this morning.

Got a big job ahead of me getting this tank back into shape.....

Not looking forward to the cup clean later today.
image.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Mine is wide open with the pump on level 3, it pulls out about 20mm of shit a day. Clean it often or you WILL pay, you have been warned. That silicone tube is a breeding ground for foul critters, lol.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I want to try my hand at it once. I've bought a dozen Baobab tree seeds and not a damn one has been viable. I might try to get a cedar tree and try that.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Getting tired of emptying these cups , but here is another one to the tip. I guess we get the picture by now. All that's left is to say for the money - a great bargain.

image.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I use a 60cc syringe to pull it out of the skimmers. I readjusted them and now they're pulling out about 70cc per day, it does get tiring.