Tank Journal Archive

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
velj's 2ft cube reef tank
Introduction:

Reefing Since:19/03/2011

System Objectives: im trying to make this tank as colourful as i can with lots of different corals, im leaning to corals that move such as anenome's, hammers, cloves, i personally like these corals/inverts better as it makes the tank look more alive and more active.

Type of reef:

Display System: 2ft cube

Initial Fill Date: 8/3/2012

Display Tank Dimensions:

Display Lighting: Illumagic M-60C

Stand: white cabnet, holes in the back with a fan and sound proofing
ai1137.photobucket.com_albums_n502_velj_44d55414.jpg

Hood or Rimless: rimless

Sump Design:
ai1137.photobucket.com_albums_n502_velj_93a4dd79.jpg

Filtration: live rock, live sand, sump and g216 aqua one protein skimmer

Support systems:

NSW or ASW:

Display Water circulation: two power heads and the return pump

Return Pump: dont no it came with it :S

Skimmer: no idea either might connect mine old one as it is bigger

Evaporation Top Up: manual, but might get a auto

Chemical additions:

Calcium Addition:

Alkilinity Addition:

Magnesium Addition:

Prodibiotics Addition:

Coral Food Addition:
tonight im picking up some live rock, sand and il be adding sand from my existing tank and live rock. more updates soon :D

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
just got the plumbing done, tomorrow im getting some sand, how many kgs do you think i would need? im thinking 10? i got live rock otnight thats in my tank, and i got 5 morphs, 2 anenome's and a fluffly they r in my tank till it all is cycled, how long will it take till i was able to get everything in the cycle ok? live sand live rock and all ?

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
10kgs of crushed coral is in, 5kg of live rock in the sump, 8kg of live rock in the top tank, and everything filled and everything is moving, had to use the old fluro for this, dad normall uses it under the car LOL here is a photo, btw the rocks havent been stacked properly, just droped in side once i get more and cycling is almost done i will pretty it up,
ai1137.photobucket.com_albums_n502_velj_c1785324.jpg

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
went to seca today becasue grug told me they did liverock for 6 bucks a kg haha, i got dicked, 12.50 but i got a nice bit of hitch hikers and snails so on, love shopping with mum :D i also got, here is the list haha
12kg live rock
4 little fishies :D (yellow damsels)
1 lawnmower blenny
2 back and white striped damsels decent size (4 stripe black/white)
1 coral beauty
photos soon

decent ammount of hitch hikers, heaps a nice snails, one toad stool i think :S, and a few brown zoas and a clear looking muscle thing :S

I Never said 6 bucks a kg.. i got 6kg for the price of 4kg.. and was offered $13/kg the day before.. (so i got a better deal) Nice looking new tank Daniel.. but get your facts straight buddy.. :p

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
haha yeah i realised after i got home and inboxed you LMFAO
i feel like a dickhead saying to the bloke at seca oh yeh i was online and a bloke said taht he got it for 6 LMFAO

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
zoas
ai1137.photobucket.com_albums_n502_velj_21565d81.jpg

mr lawnmower :D
ai1137.photobucket.com_albums_n502_velj_edab3ce1.jpg

yellow damsels
ai1137.photobucket.com_albums_n502_velj_92aef69b.jpg

toadstool? i dont no what this is id anyone?
ai1137.photobucket.com_albums_n502_velj_26f507d1.jpg

going to try and get a shot of the coral beauty and the black and white damsels all in one with a full tank shot or there will be to many photos up

axela

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
went to seca today becasue grug told me they did liverock for 6 bucks a kg haha, i got dicked, 12.50 but i got a nice bit of hitch hikers and snails so on, love shopping with mum :D i also got, here is the list haha
Haha, Unlucky, $6 and i would have cleaned it up, but be wary about your ammonia as the fresh live rock are not cured,
Hopefully no bad hitch hikers as that will be a pain in the a$$, let me know if you need more anyways!

Keep us posted!

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
I'm checking ammonia every 3rd day just to keep ontop of things, all levels where perfect today :)I'm making a light stand this week sometime :) more updates soon :)