Reef Discussion

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Cray cray, have you not heard of freight?

Why don't you get Aquascape design , the aus distributer to send you a Cade ?

Why not build an aquarium yourself? It's easy!!! That way you can satisfy yourself with the level of service to meet your expectation.

Last edited:

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
the cade knock offs are terrible quality (from the last time i saw them) if you want decent get a cade (cades are chinease :P just decent quality Chinese)

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
For me, the real let down on some of these Chinese made tanks is the cabinets. Some are ok and others are chip/ particle board with contact over the top. These peel fairly quickly. Do you know which store they are in in WA? I would be interested to have a look.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Custom Cade -I've seen some limited editions come through.
As well as the standard marine editions.

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
for 1000 id look into them. a bit cray to travel to WA to get 1. how much would it cost in petrol for the return trip? what are cades i think i payed around $2100 for my 4ft. when u add in the fuel your probably looking at a very similar figure. frieght would be cheaper but i think you get what u pay for. id go 1 of the tanks with an established quality.

E

ezza

It's not cade, but aqua one have a new style (Aqua reef 395) for their all in ones which is a lot more streamlined and stylish than the generation I bought. It might be worth a look perhaps. They use star phire glass.

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
Gosh! 1.1K for that tank?!
Provided that you can get them off eBay, from a warehouse in Penrith, for $450.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NE...1?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&var=&hash=item3a90745d19

I had the chance to check these tanks at Hi-Tek aquariums (they were selling as a complete kit at a higher price, around an year ago) and they aren't bad for the $450 price tag. However, they are far from the quality of a CADE. Stand has very sharp edges and the 60x45x45 dimensions are horrible for a reef tank IMO.
I ended up going CADE HL600

reefescape00

Jan 27, 2013
Got the guy off eBay to send me some photos and a quote for postage works out cheaper then anything else i can get locally.

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Had a look AT one in the flesh today and while they arent up to the CADE standard (lets face it what is?) they are still a nice clean unit I would definately have one in my house. Nearly slapped the 7x2.5x2 on laybuy!

reefescape00

Jan 27, 2013
ordered it yesterday and got a phone call saying to be home between Friday and Sunday for delivery. so i got people on tank watch when I'm off earning the coin and getting hit over the head by the books