Reef Discussion

jasmine

Jan 9, 2012
Zebra Moray Eels
Hi i am trying to find a fish store that sells zebra moray eels. i live on the gold coast. if they're are any stores here or close like Brisbane that anyone knows about please do tell me and provide a link to any website they have

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
If your speak with Matt at reefsecrets as well he has quiet a bit of experience with these guys

jhans_

Nov 17, 2012
i am looking for a FRESHWATER moray eel, are there any stores on the coast that anyone knows of? :) :)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
There are fresh water ones Gymnothorax polyuranodon. It is native to Australia and from what I gather very rare to get ones that are actaully the the true fresh water variant e. I heard about 5 years back of a pair going for $5k. The others that normally float around are regarded as freshwater the same as bulls sharks. They do best in brackish water long term, although from what I have heard those have a poor survival rate full stop as usually they are from a marine environment but of the same family.

Btw I am not expert this is just from what I have heard. Hardcore flush water forums may have some boffins.