Tank Journal Archive

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
so my fragging went well :D so i cut a few more things up and i finally bought a frag rack its great :D so heres som pics of a couple of my frags. think i will have to get rid of a few soon but
IMAG0215.jpg
IMAG0216.jpg

ethana123

Nov 30, 2012
gladstone
Anyone know what this hitch hiker is ? Its on a zoa frag I just got so before I put it in the tank I better find out what it is
IMAG0257.jpg
IMAG0255.jpg
IMAG0254.jpg
IMAG0257.jpg
IMAG0255.jpg
IMAG0254.jpg

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I think a cucumber 'nuke' is one of those urban myths that people talk about but nobody has actually experienced or know anyone that it has happened to. It looks pretty small? I have quite a lot of them in my tank, maybe 10+, about 1cm in size.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
If they get attacked, they will squirt out their internal organs. These are toxic. I takes a lot of stress for this to occur (ie chewed up by a wave pump, etc). If they die in the system, expect the normal series of events (ie increase in ammonia and a mini cycle - and I don't mean a small bike!)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
@NiCd may disagree with that one..
Yeah I tested that myth and lost. I couldnt get it off the rock it was on so decided to starve it to death (stop target feeding it). When it started to get skinny I was loosing hammers on the bommie and couldnt work out why. When it did die it killed 90% of the corals on the bommie as well all of the fish that slept in the bommie. That gamble cost me about $2k and about 4 months for the rest of my corals in the tank to recover.

Either take care of it property or get rid of it (IMO)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
If they get attacked, they will squirt out their internal organs. These are toxic. I takes a lot of stress for this to occur (ie chewed up by a wave pump, etc). If they die in the system, expect the normal series of events (ie increase in ammonia and a mini cycle - and I don't mean a small bike!)
I seemed to suffer very localized issues with the corals surrounding it at first, no ammonia or really any other issues?

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Yeah I tested that myth and lost. I couldnt get it off the rock it was on so decided to starve it to death (stop target feeding it). When it started to get skinny I was loosing hammers on the bommie and couldnt work out why. When it did die it killed 90% of the corals on the bommie as well all of the fish that slept in the bommie. That gamble cost me about $2k and about 4 months for the rest of my corals in the tank to recover.

Either take care of it property or get rid of it (IMO)
sorry to make you re-live it mate :cry