Tank Journal Archive

Noro

May 6, 2012
Perth
@chimaera At the moment the plan is to frag everything and grow them out on plugs.

I need to soak my dead rock in ASW and get it tested. Once it's safe to put back in the tank, I'll cut the frags from the plugs and glue them to the rock.

Apparently they are both micromussas, I really like the blue and red one. It has a yellow mouth and a purple inner ring.

Noro

May 6, 2012
Perth
Finally at a stage where I can add the main rock back to the DT. Following the bleach soak, I removed the rock and let it dry out completely in the sun, then popped it in the oven to bake. The entire rock was then put into a large styrofoam box and soaked in freshwater out in the sun, with the water replaced daily. This went on for a week, and here is the tank in all it's current glory:

IMG_0611.JPG

I now have frags all over the shop, so I'll likely sell a few of these off. I found a zoa eating nudibranch today which I promptly removed, which explains why some of my zoas have lost their frills.

IMG_0615.JPG

I've had success with fragging the Purple People Eaters, I think they grow much faster than my other zoas as they have already started spreading on the plugs.

IMG_0620.JPG

I've got a few really amazing chalice frags which I'm going to glue to the live rock in a couple of weeks. It's difficult to think about where to place corals and picture how they will grow and look in the future.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
That rock looks great! Worth all of that effort and hopefully all of the phosphates removed via the water changes.

Noro

May 6, 2012
Perth
It's like dt/frag tank! Love it
Collectoritis is a horrible condition :D I've got too many frags. I had a habit of doing the same with aquatic plants back when I have a FW tank.

That rock looks great! Worth all of that effort and hopefully all of the phosphates removed via the water changes.
Cheers @chimaera, the only drawback is that it pretty much fills the tank from front to back. Even if it starts leaching, I've bought two 200L drums of NSW so I'm well equipped to do some massive water changes if need be.

In other news: I've set up a 30cm cube in my bedroom, all it needs is a light and it should be good to go. It's been cycling for two months as a QT but I think I might give some LPS or a nem a try.

deediro

Jan 19, 2013
Roxburgh Park
Good luck buddy this tank was heading in such a good direction before disaster struck. At least you have a very good base to start with when it all comes together.

Seriously considering doing the same as you atm as I seem to be running out of room in the tank and buying more and more.

Going to try and add a frag rack and rescape and see if that gives me a bit more rom.