Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
It is a magic jungle ....aquascape bonsai style! Get back into the nano section buddy!
You will NEED a bigger tank, lol
Looking forward to this! I know you will get it spot on mate!
:)
Thanks buddy you know i will make it awesome!
great things can come in small packages. you should know that nils :P

Been playing with the MP10 vortech. Awesome little pumps. i had my problems with the mp40's but these 10's seem to be spot on. feel rugged put out huge amounts of flow for their size. and rather quiet compared to a mp40, glad i went this direction

Backings on the other half of the tank now. ready to be filled tomorrow to swap out the old one :D

big day tomorrow. or should i start now?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
once the water clears up and corals come out i will post one up :D
move went well. no losses. old tanks out side cleaned vortech provides more then enough flow in the tank at 50%.
I moved over the lemon peel and female ventralis anthia. rest of the fish are gone.
purchased a Catalina Goby
stunning fish.
p-70990-catalina-goby.jpg

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
How'd you manage to get your hands on a Catalina goby? They're not on the legal imports list and I've never heard of one coming into the country before. Will be interesting to see how it goes long term since it's not a tropical fish.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
from what i have read they like colder water. not to sure, i have heard of people having them before? :)

im thinking a baby flame hawk to finish the tank off.

firechild

Nov 8, 2011
Cromer, Sydney
Yeah, being from California they do prefer colder water but they're relatively common in the US and I've not read muchy about their long term survival but I would imagine they're pretty good since there haven't been too many large scale protests about them (think Goniopora, moorish idols, etc).

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
I'm thinking that since they are a temperate species being kept in a tropical environment, you may have to increase the regularity of your feeding since they would have a faster metabolism.