Tank Journal Archive

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
looking good bro! even with you not being happy with the lens the pics are better than my point and shoot!

love the hammers to man, there starting to become a fav of mine!

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
This is what inspired me to get off the fence and get into it!

Hey Matt what substrate did you use?
aragonite :D love the texture. oh and its 3mm

Hey Matt, just saw your tank up in the gallery photos on the Illumagic website.
Congrats mate!!!
thats cool just found it ! :D
http://www.illumagic.com.tw/tank-photos.html

Looking good Matt - as always
cheers mate its been a while since you have seen it :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Thanks Matt. I've gone for the aragonite but .5 to 1.5 I think.
I think fine substrate looks great it just annoyed me how it blows around in the flow

On a sad note my male ventralis anthia jumped... :( getting sick of rimless tanks I have lost so many fish to jumping in both my rimless tanks !!

Now the female is on its own. Will have to get another

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
Hey Matt your photos are looking good!
I find when you limit yourself to one lens, your creativity starts to shine through :)
You find yourself finding a different perspective and making photos you normally wouldn't.

Have you played much with with the White Balance?
Mine is set at 10000K in the custom setting.

You camera should have the same picture controls as mine, I have played with mine to bump up the sharpness to 6 or 7. It's default if 4 or 5. It makes a big difference in the overall photo.

Hammers and tank is looking great :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hey mate, havent been able to take any photos realy due to my lens being broken :(. once i get this new one i should be able to play around again tho!!. i cant remember what settings i was using but it was hard to focus with the zoom lens :mad:

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
finaly have got a chance to do some maintence. cleaned out the skimmer and dead snails. raked the substrate. cleaned out pumps. changed spot of one tunze to change the flow up. scraped the glass, flushed out the chiller, replaced carbon. checked the dosing pumps cleaned dust of the light. checked UPS
moved a few corals around. moved the devils hand to the back of the tank and moved the hammer that was down there up onto the hammer rock. it got damaged by a rouge floating rhodactus. spaced out my morphs and rhodactus a little as they were fighting each other for light overlapping each other!.

when i get a replacement lens pics will come!

tonyf

Oct 21, 2011
Bexley, Sydney
Beautiful Matt!! I f i can get my tank to look half as good as this I will be happy:)
How is the Yellow Tang going, it looks happy and healthy.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Beautiful Matt!! I f i can get my tank to look half as good as this I will be happy:)
How is the Yellow Tang going, it looks happy and healthy.
hey is fine tony! few more years untill he gets to big, i have a very open scape with lots of swimming room for its size so far it seems all good, have had him a few months now!