Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
My clam looks like its a goner :( don't know what happened , seems like it got sick then the CUC is finishing it off. bristle-worms are literately tearing pieces off its flesh off!

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
no good Matt!! sometimes these things happen, I KNOW your water is fine. so it cant be that. Could have got a bug ir infection who knows

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
that's what im thinking it did get stung by my Jardini about a week ago and since then it hasn't been its happy self!

WoodyMackay

Oct 12, 2011
May be the reason, dont worry mate we all know it wasnt through neglegance so no one will hat your for it! :)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
:mad:the annoying thing is it was realy starting to take off. growth was insane! i think ill get a baby one this time

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
had to remove the clam and freeze it. its flesh was peeling off poluting the water. no corals showed any bad signs but as soon as i pulled it out of the water you could smell its flesh!

jashay

Jul 15, 2011
Wide Bay
stops the bin from smelling fishy and end up getting fly blown!

one thing I hated at my brothers shop when he had it was going out near that bin, damn! it could nearly knock ya out

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
stops the bin from smelling fishy and end up getting fly blown!

one thing I hated at my brothers shop when he had it was going out near that bin, damn! it could nearly knock ya out
exactly! it smelt like rotting flesh!

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
did you check for pests such as pyramid snails?
sometimes clams just die for no aparent reason, and it happens quickly and very smelly.

tonyf

Oct 21, 2011
Bexley, Sydney
i matt, how are ya?
just a quick one mate, what type of carbon are you running in your reactor, and what pump you got running it. It looks like it is just plumbed out and then back in of your return section, is that right?;)

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i matt, how are ya?
just a quick one mate, what type of carbon are you running in your reactor, and what pump you got running it. It looks like it is just plumbed out and then back in of your return section, is that right?;)
hey Tony. it is powered by a 1200LPH cheap power-head with a piece of hose jammed in the end. it fit perfectly believe it or not just had to pressure fit!. the carbon was from a bulk carbon supplier in Brisbane. they don't sell small amounts to the public tho as far as i am aware. Darren at reef secrets sells it! give him a call.