News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
About Me
Hi everyone,

Over the last couple of weeks I have been receiving messages and reading posts that some people would like to know some information about me. I have reluctantly decided to share a little bit of information about myself. I will answer common questions and then add some information below.

Q. Why do you choose to remain anonymous?
A. This is a simple question to answer. The reason "The Reefuge" remains anonymous is because there is no "human" aspect to the account. It allows running of the website to be fluent and efficient. This way users can be warned, banned, complimented and there is no human to argue with. Decisions are made and left at that.

Of course now sharing information takes a little bit away from that, but as long as the main account is used for business it should flow okay. I trust you will all continue to do the right thing, which is why I am sharing aspects of my identity.

Q. How old are you?
A. I am in my mid twenties.

Q. What made you get into reefing?
A. I am not actually "into" reefing as such. I find it interesting and relaxing. I am simply the guy who runs the forums, which allows the flow of reef aquarium information to be accessible freely to everyone around the world.

Q. Are you Male or Female?
A. Male

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. I have no idea where this idea came from, nor who started the rumour. I can assure you all, I am not Matt Green. However, he is a friend of mine.

Q. I am really good at reefing and I would like to become a moderator. Next time you are looking for a mod can I be it?
A. This is a tricky question. Though I appreciate everyone on this forum, I choose moderators based on skills outside of the hobby - as strange as that sounds.

Members who have in-depth knowledge of a marine aquarium are much better as content creators. Content is a really vital part of this forum, and if a member should choose to want to help out, a content creator is the perfect job. It allows for growth of the site, and more knowledge on the site.

Moderators on the other hand (and don't get me wrong, there are some great reefers there) are moderators because I see different skills that can be used for different jobs. Not a single moderator was chosen because of their in-depth or lack of marine aquarium knowledge. Each moderator brings something unique that will help the websites running.

As an example, DavidS is a computer tech by profession. This is great because The Reefuge is on a dedicated server, and we are always looking to make the server perform as well as it can before doing hardware upgrades. On the other hand we have someone like Shane (@magicJ), who is a really nice, welcoming guy and guides people in the right direction on the forums.

A moderators job in my eyes (this is how I run the site) is there to keep the technical aspects of the site running and improving. Meaning, if I were to start a forum about boats, planes, pets, computers, books or anything else, I will be able to use the exact same people to establish the site, and keep it running.

About Me:

This is the part where I openly share things about me. I will not share my name, but I was born in Australia and went to a public school. My grades were very high on History, Music and Science, though I failed math and got the minimum on every other subject.

When I was 15 I became a web designer. When I was 16 I started a small business named EIPAH with my friend (which I now regret selling as the domain name is now worth a small fortune). We were building websites and had a small website hosting business. We had this business for 2 years and sold it.

You can see two archived pages of the old site here and here. Though not all of the content loads.

When I turned 18 I saw there was no future perusing it as a full time job and studies another subject. For some reason, when studying this subject, my math and physics were my highest results.

I created LavaPixel Networks (www.lavapixel.com), which is the mother network. Sites that currently fall into this network are;
www.thereefuge.com.au (and any upcoming sister sites)
www.fretbox.com

The web server The Reefuge is running on has been online (though there have been upgrades) for the last three years. Before that, it was on a different server for two years, and before that on a VPS for one year. Any site that goes into the network, stays in the network. All sites remain online, and do not get taken down. The network is still young, but will expand in the future. The Reefuge is the main focus of the network.

I think that is enough about me. Now that I have posted an about me up, how about everyone replies to this thread and does the same thing?

Thanks.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
TheReefuge is a yowie!! :D hahaha.

So about me in more depth. I am NOT a reefing expert by any means, I'm in fact a newbie who's just past one year in the hobby. I got into the aquarium hobby at the age of 5 when my mother bought a hex tank and some goldfish which I helped look after and enjoyed it. By the age of 10 I was breeding guppies, and siamese fighters. By the age of 12 I was breeding Lace Gouramis, Dwarf Gouramis, Blue and Golden Gouramis. By the age of 16 I started to focus more on habitual tanks. First starting out with an Asian inspired tank with barbs, gouramis, etc then moving onto Amazon type tanks. At 19 or 20 I started working for Aquasonic, which further fueled my fish obsession, and having gained so much knowledge regarding filtration systems, bacteria (ProBac was a conjoined creation between myself and another staff member) and securing the importation of Brightwell Aquatics (I became the AQIS permit "officer" and overseas liasists for ordering). At this stage I was into Takashi Amano inspired planted tanks, and had a 4x2x2 set up as one initially as another amazon tank, later morphing into an Australian tank, with Rainbows, Gudgeons and other species. I tore the plants out of this tank a year or so later and sold the fish, bought a mangrove jack and a bass and had those for a year or so before re-establishing the tank as a Malawii type tank. After successfully breeding things like Electric Blues, Gold Bars, Electric Yellows etc. I had a job opportunity come up in Carins as an aquarist at Cairns Marine. I tore the tanks I had set-up down and moved in January 2010.
My main job at CM was an aquarist, and having known nothing about marines at all, had to learn how to identify several hundred species, know their basic habits and behaviours. I later became a large animal handler and nutrionists (don't ask me how I became a nutritionist without any education) and was 2IC of the large animals housed there such as Black tip whalers (Black tip Reef Sharks), Bamboo, Leopard, White Tip Reefs etc as well as Sawsharks from the Jardine River, all sorts of Rays, Moari Wrasse, Cobia, Trevally and large Eels.
This inspired my passion with getting into marine systems as seeing so many beautiful species and now having knowledge of behaviours I set up my current tank after moving back home late in 2010.
In 2011 I started my current job as a Trainee in Water Operations with the local council, which I love as it give me so much respect and knowledge about public water systems, and public health.
I love knowledge and chase as much as I can relating to my interest and my job, hence the apparent professional and some times dickheadish approach I have on here. I live by a rule that if you can't explain why, or how something works, it just simply doesn't work. I like justification as to why things do what they do.
My hobbies are bodyboarding, photography, and cars and of course aquariums. My aim here is to proved as much justifiable information as possible, I won't just say "no, you can't" I'll explain why you can't, or shouldn't. If I am wrong, well so be it, prove me wrong and I'll take it on the chin and learn from it.
Anyway I've rambled on for long enough about myself, so who's next?

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
For sake of having read
Now that I have posted an about me up, how about everyone replies to this thread and does the same thing?
I'll help keep the ball rolling :P

Q. How old are you?
A. You can read my profile. My age is in there. :)

A. Been into freshies for a couple of decades, and I wanted a new challenge. Hadn't actually seen a coral in person when I started.

A. Male

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. No. He's a bit like the younger brother that I don't have. He tries to annoy me, I try to annoy him, and yet we still talk to each other.

About Me;
The Reefuge has told you what I do as a trade. I was a computer tech out of high school. I worked for an ISP while I was still in high school. I do also have a HECS debt, so I am somewhat educated. As a tech I've worked in hospitals, prisons, schools and many, many small businesses. I also designed websites for quite some time back before it was a skill that every child was taught in school. I learned to build UNIX based servers to suit my own needs (and no, my servers don't run Linux, they run FreeBSD), and I've basically run my own servers now for 13 years. I'm hopeless at being a code monkey which is kind of a bad thing for a sys admin, which is exactly why I'm a tech. I also have quite a few years experience in retail where I ultimately functioned as a floor manager. It was a deviation away from my passion, but quite frankly where I lived, computer techs earned less than commission earning retail staff could. I solved that conundrum by moving! Private enterprise still treats computer techs as on par with admin assistants in terms of pay. The education sector at least pays a little more.

Next?

webber555

May 28, 2012
Holsworthy, NSW
Hi all, my real name is Jason :)

I'm a primary teacher by profession. I don't really like my job at the moment - Blog that may one day get me fired.

I am originally from Newcastle and have lived in chilly Armidale and now reside in shitty Sydney.
I have a wonderful partner and 2 gorgeous girls. I'm 30. Main hobbies include watching Motorsport and Soccer (I'm a Jets fan Sarg although I do admire the Roar's play - good luck without Ange). I play iracing and soccer, I write a little and I take the occasional photo and make the odd short film with my students.

My aquarium history is only a few years old - started with a 2ft tropical, moved onto a 4ft community tank, now have 2 tanks - 1 low-tech planted freshwater (anubias & Java fern forest with Kuhli loaches, BN plecs & Pristella tetras, and the reef I have just started.

I'm here to learn and hopefully give back a little when I can. Love the community feel here already.

btw, Reefuge & Brendore posted at the same time. Let the conspiracy theories fly...:D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Q. How old are you?
A. Early 20's

A. Was freshwater since i was a child. progressed from there

A. Male

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. Yes, Yes i am :D

About Me;
I am IT tech by trade, work for multiple business's managing servers, my main hobbies are my reef tanks, photography and helping run this forum! , i spend alot on technology so i am cutting that back and trying to buy a house.

rockerpeller

Oct 14, 2011
Hastings, Vic
About me?

Well, there isn't really that much to say. I am 30 years young, have an awesome missus by the name of Jess, and a happy father of 4, my eldest Xavier 10, followed by Summer 4, then my 2 youngest Michael, and Genesis 1 (2 this weekend). Spent most of my childhood in NZ, besides a 5 year stint between the ages of 8-13 in various parts of Melbourne. Around 8 months before returning to NZ I found a shop in Highett that simply astounded me. The shop was Aquatic Creations. Helped by being introduced to spearfishing by my father at an early age, it surprised me that you could keep marine fish in an aquarium at home.
After returning to NZ, and checking many aquariums that I had local to me, I gave up thinking of owning a marine aquarium, and settled with freshwater instead. Focussing on school in a rough neighbourhood, I topped my classes in multiple subjects up until my 2nd to last year. Dropped out of school, had X, and then started training as a CNC lathe programmer. Well that was until around 2006, when I paid a visit to an aquarium on the north shore of Auckland (Hollywood Fishfarm). The marine bug had bitten me again, and this time in a big way. Not only was a surprised you could get marine fish from overseas, but they also had coral on display. Alot of reading, and studying, followed up by alot of kind reefers, I finally had a marine set-up. A small little nano which was somewhat a success before jumping back over the ditch to be with family in 2008. By the time I left though, I was an avid surfer, diver, and "car enthusiast" (you would've loved me in NZ Synodontis. I would've been your best customer ;) )
Right now I'm just a labourer for one of the biggest bus manufacturers in Australia, although I still want to get back into CNC work.
My hobbies are still anything to do with a board and surf... well anything to do with water really... I still go surfing (bodyboard, or surfboard. Whichever fits in the vehicle I'm going in) when I can, not to mention fishing, minibike riding, and spearo diving. There's also anything to do with electronics (I'm big on DIY, absolutely love anything that makes my brain have to think), and anything to do with cars mechanically, whether that be modding or fixing.

Yep thats it so far lol

To be continued...

Nath

Jul 18, 2011
Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. Yes, Yes i am :D
lol greeny, what a question!

Q. How old are you?
A. Early 20's

A. Greeny

A. Male

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. I know of him...

About Me;
I work in aquaculture, So I go to work, look after fish then come home and look after more fish.. lol
When i'm not looking after fish, i'm fishing, walkin through the bush or on the computer chillin out,
OH and i can solve a rubiks cube..

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
I forgot one very important interest of mine.. I love music. I used to play bass and drums in a school band. I like most genre's but mostly rock n roll, metal, thrash, alternative and some pop stuff, and some electro as well

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Thanks, TR, for doing this. I think it's a good idea and helps with the feeling of community this place has. You can still be the bastard that bans people, but for those of us that (mostly) play nice it's good to know there is a human behind that facade.

I guess I better reciprocate as I was one of those that asked you to do this.

Q. How old are you?
A. Mid 30s

A. Bought a freshwater tank mid last year on impulse, the first tank I have ever owned. Within a month of setting that tank up my internet searching led me to marine and for some reason pico marine tanks. So I convinced my lovely wife (no kids ... yet) to buy me one, at which point she decided she wanted one two so we had a pair of picos. Probably 6 months into owning those I started plans for a larger tank (still only 2ft as we rent), which hasn't yet materialised but will soon.

A. Male

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. Nope, I can barely remember when I was in my 'early 20s'!

About Me;
Well I guess for those who haven't met me yet, I should admit that I am a Pom. I work in market research, and was lucky that after a couple of years of working when I was around 23, I came to work in Sydney for a year (well, north). Went back to the motherland to progress my career, which in my industry means moving to London. Lived there for 9 years before coming back this way to live and work in Melbourne, this time very likely for good. Met my other half online back in 2000, when meeting someone in person that you met online meant you were a certifiable freak. I went to meet her in 2002, visited twice more and she visited me once over the coming year, then she moved to London to live with me ... and we got married 3 years ago (took me forever to propose, haha).

I also dabble in web design, running websites, etc. I've had numerous sites in the past that have made me a little spending money either through ads, affiliate sales, or from the sale of the site itself. I own a few domains (stupidly let some expire last year that would be worth a reasonable amount) and own a fan site and forum for a rock band, which I have neglected for a while but have a few dedicated moderators and an admin that like nothing better than to keep it going for me.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Ok.
Well.
I am 39.
I often forget that because I don't feel any different to when I was, say, 25. Though my perspectives have lengthened. And my judgments mellowed.
I am a writer.
I'd be a writer whether I was published or not, though happily, I am published and have a view to have more works in book form in the near future.
I am divorced. I don't see that as a failure but rather as a move forward in my own growth.
I am interested in (and a celebrant of)....Life....and all its complexities.
Except maths.
Never got the hang of that shit, though, oddly, I have no problem with Quantum Physics, which I have purposely absorbed from books and the internet.
This fits nicely with my interest in Buddhism, "Paranormal" phenomena and general esoteric knowledge.
I have read, literally, thousands of books on thousands of subjects and I retain most of the information from each.
I don't mean Mills and Boon type books either. I mean the whole works of James Redfield, Richard Bach, Stuart Wilde, Deepak Chopra, Stephen King, Jean M Auel, to name a few off the top of my head. Lord Of The Rings is an old, old friend and regularly re-read.
I have had, what many judge, to be tragic events in my life. I admit they were difficult roads to traverse but the understanding each event has brought me is beyond worth and I can honestly say I have no regrets thus far other than the hurt others have chosen to feel over actions of mine they think are wrong. I regret their pain, not my choice. Because it was only ever mine to make.
I've loved animals of all types all my life.
Not hugely keen on centipedes or humans, though.
I'v kept fish, birds, cats, dogs, rats, mice, lizards, poultry and many tropical fish tanks. No-one I've lived with has allowed me to keep snakes but now I am on my own, I just might do so now. I have a 2.5 yr old cat called Bella. She cost me $10 at the petshop but I haven't told her this. She thinks she's priceless. She's right, of course.
She's my companion and keeps me grounded - she bites me or pats my arm to remind me i haven't filled her food bowl all day. She was at first baffled by my long periods of staring into my fish tanks but since I've added Kuhli loaches, she watches them avidly as they zip up and down the glass in figures of 8 and i've caught her patting the glass to make them move.
I set up my first marine tank nearly 3 yrs ago. I did it on my own after a lot of internet and book reading. I like learning about new things so taking up new hobbies is an actual hobby for me....or at least learning about them until I get bored.
I joined another international fish forum before this one because my sister is a long standing member. I posted for a while but got tired and bored with the petty pedantic point-scoring and general cattiness.
I think I came across The Reefuge googling "marine forums".
Joined up.
Now you're stuck with me.
:p

@Vspec. I found the space bar. It was with a mars bar under my bed. who'da guessed?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
A. Hmmm don't think I am, i have probably met over 100 people from the forums now

Q. How old are you?
A. I am 30

A. A big bad uncle set one up for me when I was 11 with a lovey under gravel filter 8 t8s and a couple of canister filters, this was done because the guppies I was keeping at the time were unacceptable

A. Male

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. I know what bad spelling can sometimes make it look that way, but no

About Me:

I'm a mechanical engineer by background, who got bored and has done a few things since, I have qualifications in IT, management, project management, material sciecene, finance, insurance and as you may have guesses mechanical engineerign along with a few others. Justs goes to show lots of bits of paper doesn't make you smart. I now work as a loss adjuster and spend a lot of time traveling and even more online :)

V

'vspec'

A. Because I have to pay cover charge if I'm seen, and....well, I'm kinda a tight ass!

Q. How old are you?
A. Mid 30's. But its not how old you are people, its how well your able to keep the sexy misses hangin off your arm.

A. Because the other reefer made me fat & lazy ~ way too many midnight munchie runs.
If I had of known I would go broke from this branch and sell the kids along with the next door neighbours kids, maybe I would have settled for being fat and having the munchies :confused:

A. Male, except real early in the mornings;) , cause then I'm putting on a sexy mandy voice and reading horoscopes to the night shift people without a life! What can I say, i'm earning $8/min.

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A Hell no ~ sadly, I'm not as cool as him. I am however, known by many other alias though ~ TR, Neo ect ect to name but a few!! Muhahahaha*cough*aha! :welcome

About Me:
I'm direct, I'm a realist, an ingenious visionary, and on top of everything, a born professional! ........................ pfft, professional idiot more like it!
My radar of life has had many blips, I live comfortable in idle till something sparks my attention. Then I throw my entire being at it. By then it usually resembles a great flood to which there is no escape! haha

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
A. I could tell you but then I would have to kill you!

Q. How old are you?
A. Nearly 30....

A. Spending 18 months at home with a back injury staring at my little tropical tank I started to dabble with planted tanks and I got bored with coz its too easy.... I wanted a challenge and have always wanted a marine tank since I knew it was possible so, after days reading and re reading forums and articles, I took the plunge, tore down my biggest planted tank and started the conversion....

A. Male.

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. Yes.

About Me:

I grew up in country SA my older brother was in the NAVY in Sydney and was diagnosed with cancer when I was about 6 so we spent the next 7 - 8 years travelling back and forth to visit him in hospital. At 12ish I started working on my sisters boyfriends family farm and continued to do so until I started my plumbing apprenticeship at 20 I also studied IT (programming and network admin) for a few years but it was a shit idea! I finished my trade and went on to work as leading hand until I ruptured a disc in my back at 26. I now work as a maintnenance coordinator managing 15 plumbers... It keeps me busy!

I have been married for 3 years (together for 9) and we have two kids together. Our eldest, Marley is 4 and he is looking forward to school next year and Charlotte is 3 and is going to be the next big thing in the art world! You cant get the crayons out of her hands! One day we want to get ourselves a 4wd and see the whole country so we can decide where we want to live... I really like SW Vic but Broome would be nice too or maybe Darwin and I have never been to QLD..... One day.....

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Q. How old are you?
A. 28 - but I plan on staying 25 for another 10 years or so

A. I wanted a starfish - the addiction grew from there!

A. Female

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A . Yes.... I'm also Vaultboy :eek

About Me:
I am a reasonably private person, I just talk a lot which makes it seem otherwise :p Fluffed around at uni for a while thinking I wanted to do some kind of humanitarian work like nursing or social work. Finally got my mojo on and got into horticulture. I used to eat potting mix as a kid and I still like sticking my hands in it so it made perfect sense. I have been in my current job for 5 years working as an admin assistant/PA in an indigenous nursery specialising in wetland contruction/environmental restoration - I am a horticulturalist who can (unfortunately) type and send faxes a bit too well to avoid being a desk jockey. All of my jobs have involved customer service or assisting other staff so that is my primary skill set. At the beginning of this year I started a hobby business in giftware and floral design as an outlet for the artist in me - you could say I have had 'artists-block' until recently. I am now one of two wildlife carers in my suburb and surrounds and wondering what happened to others before us if ever there were any (:confused:). My views are simple (and many) but two of them are that no animal deserves to suffer for any reason and that the common household lawn is the biggest weed invasion this country has ever seen, move over blackberries!

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
I am now one of two wildlife carers in my suburb and surrounds and wondering what happened to others before us if ever there were any :)confused:). My views are simple (and many) but two of them are that no animal deserves to suffer for any reason and that the common household lawn is the biggest weed invasion this country has ever seen, move over blackberries!
you would get on very well with my younger sister. She's also a horticulturalist, has been a wildlife carer for about 20 yrs, works for the local council and hates all introduced plant and animal species. In keeping with her plan to help reduce the human invasion, she has forsworn children and had animals instead. This has lead to some interesting conversations at parties.....;)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Hmmm feel a little bit of an intruder posting here as I've only been a member a few days but here goes.

Real name is Les, 50 yo male living down in Lara, Vic., about 60km south of Melbourne. Made it through year 11 as its now called but messed around a little too much and had to repeat........little did I know that was the end of my schooling. I've always been interested in paleontology, rocks, minerals etc but had the aspirations for being an astronaut, marine biologist, astronomer. Then came the shock that I had to go out in work so ending all hopes of those things happening, spent 1 year at Ford in Geelong working the engine line then gave it up for a career in the navy as a radar plotter (combat systems operator- radar now) and general seamanship. Did my back in on a trip to Hawaii and West coast USA , timing really sucked! Spent the next 4 years shore based where I alternated as security and radar instructor before being medically discharged, retired at 31 due to the injuries. Spent the rest of the time since learning to be a civie again (not all that easy) and got into computer games as I had plenty of time but not plenty of cash. I'm not very pc but I try not to offend anyone, dont always succeed but they can get pissed or get over it its just me.

After a disaster in freshwater fish keeping I vowed never to again have any then about 4 1/2 years back my brother in law got a tank and I was off and racing again but this time with some knowledge, the internet and people I could ask things. I have had tanks of Africans from various rift lakes, community tanks, bred bristlenose catfish as well as a few others. I currently have a 6x2x2 with central Americans (looks like some spawning activity with my rivulatus and they only just met 2 weeks back he is such a tart!), a 4x2x2 angels/community tank, 4 footer with bristles, 3 footer with sunset mollies and gold half beaks and 4 tanks empty in the garage.

I get a decent bit in tax back each year which I either upgrade my computer with or get a tank, motorbike or other toys, this year its a tank and a huge learning curve with marines!

V

'vspec'

Awesome Guys

Keep it coming, its always great seeing into the mind of our mental patents
awww.desmonorthwest.com_forums_images_smilies_popcorn2.gif

70shw

May 19, 2012
Ipswich
Q. How old are you?
A. 23

A. I have had fresh water fish for a while and deceided to take the plunge into marine as i wanted something more challaging haha

A. Male

Q. Are you Matt Green?
A. No and have no idea who he is :p

About Me;
Im 23, Im getting married at the end of the year, I have 3 beautiful kids my little girl is 4 next month, my eldest boy is 3 next month and my youngest boy is 18months old, we have our hands full but wouldn't change it for the world. I had the usual gold fish, yabbies and a few other fresh water fish when i was growing up. I never did that well at school, i hated every single day i was there until i deceided to leave when i was 15 as i got an apprenticeship as a motorbike mechanic, I did my 4 years and quit as money wasnt great due to working in a small town, I did a few odd jobs around the place then moved to the sunshine coast and did some bar work at some night clubs then started working at the RSL (Where i met my partner haha) We moved in together, she had a a 4ft tank with a barra, after a while he died so we got some electric yellows & blues, bristlenose etc had that tank for a couple of years until i bought bad batch of feeder fish which wiped out the whole tank except for my split jack dempsey. We packed the tank up for a few months until we moved to our current house where we have more room so we got more into the fish, We staretd off with electric yellows and blues again, and it just grew from there we now have over 100 fresh water fish. A mate of mine was selling a complete marine setup and he offered to me cheap so i did some research and lots and lots of reading and well now i spend all my spare money on my marine tank haha We have a 6ft amercian cichlid tank, a 4ft african cichlid tank, a 3ft bristlenose tank, a 5ft marine tank and we just went and picked up another 6ft tank to replace our broken 6ft tank so im doing all the plumbing at the moment so we can add water in the next couple of weeks then we can start the big changeover in the next month or so. I am now a apprentice electrician and loving it.