Tank Journal Archive

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
so my CBS took a slice out of my sailfin. About half a cm long and 1mm wide. Looks clean but will have to keep an eye on him, hopefully will just heal over.

Anything I can do to help or just see if 'nature' sorts it out? He is still smashing food as much as normal so seems uneffected by it.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I have heard the good old garlic rumor perpetuated here. I dont know if it is just anecdotal but there does seem to be some evidence to support this. I certainly dont think it does any harm trying it either.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
will have a go.

Osmolator issue seems to have rectified itself? I turned it off for 2 days and did top ups manually, set it all back up and was fine yesterday. Only added about 10L of RO in case is fails today but will see when home

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
nope, emptied the ro chamber again :rage

tank is a bit cloudy too, levels look fine, everything is out, fish are fine all accounted for and feeding. Will see if it clears up, small bacteria bloom?

vman

Go you Mighty Roosters !!!!
Oct 8, 2011
sydney 2036
lookin good buddy,i got a nem just like the one you have from a guy out greenacre way his tank was full of em and they split like mad.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
ok, after a bit of advice.

Basically I want to keep LPS, not really interested in SPS. I was over feeding as my tank was ULN so hammers etc were struggling. Was getting a bit of algea back on the sand, retested and phos was 0.28! Ran some carbon from 7pm last night and phos is now at 0.
How do I balance it?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
0 is a little to low for lps, what are you running for phos? what are your maintenance schedules ? one think to kick some life back into them is zeovit lps amino