Tank Journal Archive

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
ok so looks like the osmolator wasn't stuffed, was the sump issue causing the problem, this is fixed now, osmolator has run 2 days with no issues.

Now, tank is back to being fully happy again, still the odd coral sulking but thats no drama, they will come good.

So now I want to concentate on really getting the colours out, I am very cautrious of using zeovit as if I go away they tank may crash, any other suggestions to get a really good coral colour?

Current stock
6-7 hammers
3 torches
4 cats
morphs
few rics
trachy
duncan
goni
leathers

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
ok, so kind of journalling an issue I am having.

Sunday morning tank was really cloudy, 2.5 deep and could not see the back wall, no idea what happened. Changed about 180L and it cleared quite a bit, but the tangs were really struggling, yellow was flat on its side and the sailfin sitting on bottom breathing heavy.

All I really had was GFO so started running it, didn't really do anything, but today water is 80% clearer again, fish now not eating. I mean no fish at all. Obviously a problem.

@NiCd gave me some carbon to try pull as much out of the water as possible, have just started running it, will see how it goes. Also skimming as wet as I dare :)

Miller

Dec 4, 2012
traralgon
Ohhh no
Hope everything pulls up ok
Nothing worse then looking at the tank and having that sinking feeling knowing there is something massively wrong happening

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
sounds like a bacterial bloom Ant, and if it's that extreme that you can't see to the back of the tank, it will strip the oxygen out too which would explain the fish on their side. If it's coming good then just keep an eye on it and have water ready for another smallish change. The fish are only off their food coz they're stressed. They will recover, just keep offering small parcels of food now and then. They'll be fine.

just my $0.02

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
they are looking better this morning, hard to say for aure with the lights on moonlight though. plenty of water available, dont want to change too much more though. I am hopeful they will be ok, much more hopeful than Sunday anyway

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Oh God , hope everything is ok Ant.
Q did you add Rowa , ? That can sometimes make your water cloudy but it won’t harm anything.
Also I run carbon all of the time . It IMO provides so many benefits to a reef tank including keeping your water clear