Reef Discussion

Predator Rob

Mar 6, 2013
Hi Dr, My pair of gold bands have laid there eggs about 3 days ago ( the eggs are now a grey in color ) I havent
bread any marine fish before so this will be kinda trial & erra. but the first thing that I need to find and do is culture rotifers.
Any help would be appreciated.

Rob

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Where are you located in QLD, you are welcome to come and colect some rotifers and phyto is you live in brisbane. PM me for further details. You have about 7 days (total) before th eeggs hatch

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Hi All,

Here is a short video of Premnas larvae shortly after metamorphosis (ie day 16). If you watch carefully, you will see the tiny larvae fighting with each other already. Seems that the agressivness in this species starts almost immediaty upon metamorphosis.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Hi Dr, My pair of gold bands have laid there eggs about 3 days ago ( the eggs are now a grey in color ) I havent
bread any marine fish before so this will be kinda trial & erra. but the first thing that I need to find and do is culture rotifers.
Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
Would love to see a journal of their growth!! Would also love to buy some if you get to raise them! LOL

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Hi All,

Here is a short video of Premnas larvae shortly after metamorphosis (ie day 16). If you watch carefully, you will see the tiny larvae fighting with each other already. Seems that the agressivness in this species starts almost immediaty upon metamorphosis.

Wow, feisty little suckers, huh?

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Wow, awesome stuff mate.

Will be keeping an eye on the progress of these :)

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
they were feeding on crushed fish fool flakes and week old, enriched brinshrimp - thus their crazy 'feeding' behaviour and the lack of fighting.

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Ok, here is an update on the baby Premnas. They are now old enough and strong enough to distribute. Nearly all of the juveniles have a broken middle band so that the dark colouration forms a 'H' pattern. Here is a video of the babies, have approximatly 50.