Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hey chris i havent seen your old anthias in a while are they still allive? are the new ones eating yet? :)

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
they have settled in well and the other 2 anthias are going great and the are all eating brine shrimp and been feed twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
as i have been off a week, the tank was going great and will run test and added a uv sterilsed after seeing a heap of hairy algaue on the rocks and cleaned the glas and moved some of the corals around after going a gravel vac . it all of sudden started to appear, i am now got to get rid of the hairy algaue from the tank

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
A UV will do nothing for algae on rocks, a UV is only good for waterborne alage's or green water. A quick google search will validate this so I suggest you read up on them before you buy one.

Control the Nitrates and Phosphates by Water changes and limiting the amount of food you feed the tank or look at getting a Lawnmower blenny in addition to keeping the water really clean.

I wont suggest chemical means of limiting the No3/Po4 as I think you would benefit more from good husbandry then relying on a bottle to fix a problem.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
the tank has been great and no major issues with the levels,

1 x black star fish

1 lge lawn mower blenny

3 x snails large

1 x gold hammer

its been a while since i last updated the tank journal, due to work commiments

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
Hi all,
here are all the corals that have been added to the tank over the last 3 months,

Blue Clam ( brought from Extreme Reef )
DSC_0971.JPG
baby maxima clam ( Just added on the weekend ) Brought itmatty
babymaxima.jpg
Hammer ( brought from Auburn Pet centre )
DSC_0972.JPG

Lobo
DSC_0091.JPG

Brown Morph
DSC_0092.JPG

Green Morph
DSC_0093.JPG

Pink Morph
DSC_0094.JPG

Black Star Fish ( Brought from Auburn pet centre)
DSC_0966.JPG

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
I am now working out the Phos Ban Reactors & Nitrate Reators to add to the tank. I went and looked at the shop at stanmore and i felt some of the corals looked sick from the lights and didn't buy any , Here is pic of the hammer that i am looking for to add to my tank.Also i am starting to lern to propergate the morphs as they are getting out of control and looking at selling them or trading them in near future.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
i went for a drive today, went to asquith aqumium, great corals and ultra great prices as well, $$$ also i brought the following

1 x ultra helio fungia
1 x hammer small
4 x candy canes
1 x elelphant ear
1 x leather coral

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
Thanks guys , you are busting my chops now, i have taken the pics of the corals,

DSC_0095.JPG
Leather Coral
Brought from Asquith Aqumiums for $30.00

DSC_0097.JPG
Elephant Ear ( saying they eat Fish )
$25 for the Morph

DSC_0104.JPG

ultra fungia

Attachments