Tank Journal Archive

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
just tried to aquascape the tank, and just realised that there not enough coral sand to support the rock, as it keeps falling down. i have to go and but some on the weekend or get the misses to get some for me, so i can put these in the tank , so i can get it to stay other wise they all fall over.

Pics of first attempt

ai41_tinypic_com_2qnwfbt_jpg__.jpg

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I would not be relying on the sand to hold up your structures - sand can, and will, get moved about by your water currents, fish etc and you don't want your rock falling over.

Many people build their scape before putting in the sand to ensure that it is stable. Your can join the rock together with cable ties and/or epoxy putty products.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
I have completed the aqua scaping last night, i aquascaped them but trying differnt rocks and until i was obtain certain heights as well. now have to add the pics of the aquascaping and let the tank cycle for a couple of weeks, to see how the parrmeters are looking , the skimmer i have added to the tank , its a kickass skimmer and gets alot of the bad stuff out of the tank.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
alrightly then, it did happen and they will be uploaded when i get home tonight from the Digital SLR, Then you cant say no pic or it didn't happen , LOL

Picture 2
ai43.tinypic.com_jrcm7o.jpg

Picture 3

ai41.tinypic.com_2prbf55.jpg

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
i have just today brought a powerhead for the tank, i will be adding the lights to the tank and the hood tonight and will be doing a parameters of the tank today.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
nice shelves for placing corals, its hard to see from the photos you have taken, have you got it tiering down so you can create depth ?

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
No i dont , i have alot of selfving, but still have alot of more live rock in the other tank, I have added the lights today and the hood. i will be taking a couple of pics tonight of the new look and what it looks like.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
Test Result of the tank as of 22nd December 2011

Ph:8.2
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
Ammonia:0.00
Calcuim:460
Salinty:1.024
Phosphate:0.50

i am now treating the pos4 with red sea phosphate remover and let see if this drops in the next 24 hrs, i will be doing a though test tonight after changing the water after 3 weeks, with fresh saltwater.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
i went yesterday and got some salt-water and took out 110 litres from the tank today and re topped up with new fresh salt-water, The tank is coming along very nicley and cant wait to start to add the fish to the tank and the corals from the other tank. but that still a couple of weeks away.

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
i will be adding lights to bottom of the tank tomorrow , under neath, so i can see under the tank, i am off to bunning tomorrow to find the right one to help me with my solution.

Thanks to Nicad for the xeania coral today it was great to meet you and hope to catch up again, once i have completed more of the tank

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
chris be carefull not to overdose the no3po4 its a carbon dosing method, i have heard of a few people killing their tanks doing to much.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i use liquid phosphate binder through a dosing pump. works great had better results then with GFO (phosban) :D allways another option if you go down the dosing pump route

chris B

Dec 14, 2011
Liberty Grove
These will be used for my chemicals , but this is when i get more funding for my marine hobby, as long everything paid like the bills, the boss , will not get cross me with.