Tank Journal Archive

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Delivery confirmed for 11am tomorrow.
Everything on board, apart from the Tunze Skimmer which will be arriving later this week.

Why did my picture post upside down? Hmmm.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Delivery confirmed for 11am tomorrow.
Everything on board, apart from the Tunze Skimmer which will be arriving later this week.

Why did my picture post upside down? Hmmm.
my pictures post upside down sometimes. for some reason if you just upload them into iphoto and then put them back onto your desktop it fixes the problem...so weird

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Ok, so she's here now. Sump connected up and ready to go.

I've got it out from the wall, and dry. At the moment the illumagic perspex stands are in use, but I'm sure the missus will demand I set up the cade hanging mounts in their place(she's not a fan of the perspex legs).

The Bunarong Boys doing the heavy lifitng.
IMG_4820.jpg

How she currently sits.
IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
looks so schmick mate. Really love the tanks. The sump design on the model when I was looking at them was horrible, only reason I didn't get one. Believe they have changed it into a much better version now.

Will let you off the 2 hours for pics.... :P

Phil

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
very nice mate :) now comes the fun stuff.. you might as well let ur missus know from now that youll be busy for the next 2 months .. she can go shopping wheneeeever she wants.. just not to ask you if ur free.. im telling u .. a) u wont be. and b) u wont want to be,

Cosby

May 14, 2013
looks so schmick mate. Really love the tanks. The sump design on the model when I was looking at them was horrible, only reason I didn't get one. Believe they have changed it into a much better version now.

Will let you off the 2 hours for pics.... :P
She is puurty!

I'm literally clueless in regards to what would or wouldn't make a good sump, but I think it has everything I will require.
I'm yet to decide on a filter medium to add to it. I'll dump a bit of live rock in there, I'm guessing, but I'll need something extra.

Will fill with water tomorrow and check for leaks. Bunarong will be monitoring my water for me for me for the next 4 weeks, so I'll make sure it's all good before adding any salt.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
very nice mate :) now comes the fun stuff.. you might as well let ur missus know from now that youll be busy for the next 2 months .. she can go shopping wheneeeever she wants.. just not to ask you if ur free.. im telling u .. a) u wont be. and b) u wont want to be,
You make it sound like it will be a new concept.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
That stand :worship

And I agree with the missus ... not a fan of the legs myself, hanging will look so much cleaner!

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Have been playing about with the lights and the mounts this morning. Put a black back on it. Attached the Vortech. Running out of time to get some water into it. Might have to leave it until tomorrow.

Just admiring it before heading off to work.

IMG_4830.jpg

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Love it! Though I would run the mp10 cord down rather than up and over the light stand.
It's purely as a prevention of the powerhead slipping off and smashing on the concrete at some point. I was advised by Brett to run the cord straight up, and I do as I'm told. ;)

lorby

Nov 26, 2012
Did you get the little sticky things that you can cable tie the cord with? I run mine up for a few cm's cable tie it and then run it down. Just personal preference though.

Those illumagic LED's sure do look good!

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Did you get the little sticky things that you can cable tie the cord with? I run mine up for a few cm's cable tie it and then run it down. Just personal preference though.

Those illumagic LED's sure do look good!
yep, I got those. I don't like the look of them though, so I'm going to try and support it from the LED stand instead. The less cords and zip ties seen, the better in my view.