Tank Journal Archive

Cosby

May 14, 2013
I almost forgot, @Phil @MTG or @OSCAR85 (Cade support team).

Can you tell me, when putting the drain in, did you have the rubber seal ontop of the glass or underneath. I notice there's a groove in the coupling, that would allow the seal to be pressed in, but when each side of the coupling is going to be on opposite sides of the glass drainage hole, that isn't going to work.

I'm assuming the seal remains on top of the glass drain, in the weir. I may just have to tighten it all up from below, then lay a bead of silicon around it, as I think that's where my drip is coming from.

IMG_4861.jpg

Cosby

May 14, 2013
if you go to bunnings there is a selleys silicone that actually says it is aquarium safe
That's just it, I had the Selley's 'Aquarium safe' in my pretty little hands, and the guy told me it would not do the job.

Phil

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
The rear parcel plumbing is a little different . There I a seal for each side top and bottom .
But like @aussieant32 said. The top would be better. :)
I didn't use the cade bulkheads anyway I went for 25mm Hansen ones I think and did away with they're plumbing completely

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Here's my idea of how I want to set the scape up. I will try to give both structures a bit more mass than what I could get out of the towels. The right side in particular, will probably be half as wide again at the top, tapering down.

IMG_4844.jpg

Thoughts?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Really like the scape outline, nice and open, two separate structures, different heights, larger piece hides some of the overflow.

Cosby

May 14, 2013
I teflon taped my joins and added some silicon to the couplings at the bottom of the wier. I don't want to give away just how poor my siliconing skills are, but needless to say, I will not be posting pics.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
I teflon taped my joins and added some silicon to the couplings at the bottom of the wier. I don't want to give away just how poor my siliconing skills are, but needless to say, I will not be posting pics.
lol yeah mine wasnt pretty either, it looked like craft time at playgroup

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Ok, so I've filled the tank(not completely), and got everything going except for the return pump. I'll just wait a bit longer for the weir base couplings to cure.

IMG_4879.jpg

Now for the sump. Hopefully I have not made any rookies errors. Can anyone tell me if the Protien Skimmer looks like it's set up correctly. I have it humming away at the moment, but I'm not getting much froth. I have the air opened up completely.
IMG_4877.JPG