Tank Journal Archive

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Cosby's Cade HL1200
Introduction:
So the tank is on order, and I should be receiving delivery next Tuesday from Bunarong. A lot of what I have listed below will come with delivery, like the wave maker, return pump, illumagic light and Skimmer......other stuff like additions and filtration are yet to be confirmed.

This is my first foray into Mairne after keeping tropical tanks, and breeding cichlids.

Reefing Since: Since......now.

System Objectives: A small slab of life, complete with corals, inverts and fish for my own viewing pleasure.

Type of reef: Mixed reef

Display System:

Initial Fill Date: June 2013

Display Tank Dimensions: 1200 x 600 x 500 396L

Display Lighting: Illumagic Blaze 1200

Stand: Cade (white) cabinet

Hood or Rimless: Rimless

Sump Design: CADE

Filtration: DSB and live rock

Support systems:

NSW or ASW: ASW

Display Water circulation: Vorteck MP40

Return Pump: Ehiem 5000

Skimmer: Tunze 9410

Evaporation Top Up: Manual( for now)

Chemical additions:

Calcium Addition: Red sea

Alkilinity Addition: Red sea

Magnesium Addition: Red sea

Prodibiotics Addition:

Coral Food Addition: Reef roids

Cosby

May 14, 2013
:poidh

looks like a started a cade + illumagic craze :D
I should've taken pics. Silly me. There'll be more next week!

For anyone who's been to Bunarong and seen the white Cade set up, that's the custard.

Every other outlet I'd spoken to had told me that white cabinets were non existent in the marine set up. Brett has a few he can get hold of(in both 4ft and 6ft), so if anyone is looking for one, that's where to go. He's done me a very good deal.

I saw the illumagic lights in all their glory, and couldn't resist.

My plan is to get into this with the best equipment I can afford.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I should've taken pics. Silly me. There'll be more next week!

For anyone who's been to Bunarong and seen the white Cade set up, that's the custard.

Every other outlet I'd spoken to had told me that white cabinets were non existent in the marine set up. Brett has a few he can get hold of(in both 4ft and 6ft), so if anyone is looking for one, that's where to go. He's done me a very good deal.

I saw the illumagic lights in all their glory, and couldn't resist.

My plan is to get into this with the best equipment I can afford.
good choice overall, its great all the shops are starting to stock the cades now. you used to be only able to get them from aquascape design (the wholesaler of cade)

Cosby

May 14, 2013
great start!

Stocking plans?
I have a list of fish that I'm looking at, that has evolved and changed over time.

The non-negotiable ones will be ..
1x Flame Hawkfish
1x Flame Angel
1x Royal Gramma
2x Occy Clowns

I'm keen on some anthias as well as a blenny, plus everytime I stroll into a LFS or tank journal I spot something that takes my fancy, leading me to google their compatibility to other inhabitants and my reef keeping level which currently sits at "rookie"!

It's been fun.

P.s I realise there will need to be a system to adding these.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i was there around 2ish, didn't buy anything this time. But thinking of buying the zeovit program
zeovit works well for sps dedicated tanks. little costly tho. i didn't see much result to lps but definitely something to consider with sps

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Delivery still on Tueday at this stage. Just a little excited. Ok, maybe more than a little excited.

Chimaera has sorted me out with my first ever corals(which I won't be taking for a while).

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Some DIY removal of half the bench. Readying the spot for placement.

Edit: hope that posted correctly. Was a test run.

Attachments