Reef Discussion

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Drool, drool, drool...

Maybe a small tweak for v2 (don't hold up v1)

Little up or down arrow that increments the RGB sliders on user 1 and 2 asp it is easy to end up exactly on the number you want (won't make any difference to me though being color blind)

Looking full of awesomeness....

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Drool, drool, drool...

Little up or down arrow that increments the RGB sliders on user 1 and 2 asp it is easy to end up exactly on the number you want (won't make any difference to me though being color blind)

Already have that on the list of things to do :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Drool, drool, drool...

How does this look

I have a similar issue on some other screens and don't really have room for an arrow - so you just need to touch on the R, G or B to increase or the 'Value' display number to reduce.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Part 3 - Manual Mode

This mode is used to vary the output of each of the led channels. The output can be varied by moving the slider or, for more precise variation (1% up or down), touch on the channel number (to increase) or the channel colour (to decrease).

Three presets options are available by touching the relevant preset (1, 2 or 3) in the bottom left.

One preset might be used for your normal lighting; one for showing off the florescence of the corals; and one for taking photographs - the choice is yours.

To save the settings to memory touch on the Floppy Disk symbol.

The preset selected when you leave this screen will be used to determine the channel output levels in the Automatic Mode.

Whilst not shown in the video, the actual output of the leds is adjusted in line with any changes made on the screen.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Love the clip for 3, but it also had part 4 there so I took a sneak peak - nice.....

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Seeing as @macca_75 has already looked :rolleyes

Part 4 - Automatic Time Settings

This screen is used to set the time settings when in Automatic Mode - you need to set the start time, ramp up time, ramp down time and finish time. All times are in 24 hour format even though you may have set 12 hour time format for the clock display - it just makes it easier this way.

So, you have 4 sections at the top to set the relevant times. You also have a row for each led channel and a row for the days of the week.

The time being set is indicated by a red border around the channel and day - the screen defaults to Channel 0 and Monday. To set a different channel or day just touch on the appropriate number or day.

The ability to set different timings for each day was requested by a couple of members, primarily to have different settings on the weekend. This has added a certain level of complexity to the setup (and the programming :eek) but I have added a couple of buttons to make things easier.

The 'Copy Week' button will copy the settings for Monday to the whole of the week but just for the SELECTED channel.

The 'Copy All' button will copy the settings for Channel 0 - Monday to the whole of the week for ALL of the channels.

I am sure that you will work out the best way to set all the timings :) - if you plan on having the same ramp up/ramp down times for all channels and all days then you might want to start with these ... from Channel 0 - Monday set the appropriate times and then touch the 'Copy All' button. This will set the ramp up/ramp times for all channels and all days. You can then set the start and finish times for each channel and touch 'Copy Week'. If you don't want to change any of the days then you are finished.

Remember to touch on the Floppy Disk symbol to save the settings to memory.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
And, just so I can stay one step ahead of @macca_75

Part 5 - Test Mode

Using the maximum output for each channel set in Part 3 and the Time Settings from Part 4, the test mode runs through 24 hours in around 70 seconds so you can check that everything looks OK - whilst you can't see it in the video, the leds reflect what is happening on the screen.

You can set the start and finish times to make things go a bit quicker - press the 'Start' button to, well, start :D - you can start and stop during the test if you want too.

That's about all there is to tell with this screen :p

Hope you like it @macca_75 :rolleyes

And, if you see anything in these video's that doesn't look right, or you think could work better then please let me know.

Cheers