Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Floating Navigation
Hi everyone,

I need users to leave me feedback on this. I just managed to get it working, but I am not sure how well it works in all browsers and operating systems.

If you scroll down on any page, as soon as you move your mouse cursor to the top of the page (without scrolling up), the sites navigation should appear. When you move your cursor away, it should vanish.

If anyone runs into problems with it, please let me know asap. Also, I am aware when surfing the forums as a guest the top login link stops working once you have scrolled down.

Thanks.

EDIT

Hi everyone,

Floating navigation now works. If you are using an older browser or a mobile device, it is suggested that you keep the floating bar disabled. If you would like to enable it, please go to your preferences and click on "enable floating navigation".

I will also update the first post with this information.

Thanks.

brendore

Oct 4, 2011
Port Macquarie, NSW, AUS
The only problem I'm having is when I'm hoverin over for example the Directory the options appear but don't dissapear if I move off the tab. I need to click somewhere on the screen for it to remove itself

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I have disabled it for now. One little bug in it. Will update when it goes live again.

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Yup-it's great! Saves a lot of mouse RSI of the fingers and wrists-now how about a " down" button- not that I'm demanding or anything!

V

'vspec'

Well what can I say, you opted out from my apron option, its all I can do from ether passing out, or getting excited. :cool:

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Internet explorer 9.0.8112.16421

windows 7
Hi VaultBoy,

Do you have Javascript enabled? A good way to check is to go to the forums main page, and look to see if the descriptions of the forums shows under the forum title. If it does, you have Javascript disabled and you should enable it.

There are a lot of features you will be missing out on with Javascript disabled. Alternatively, install Firefox as it is a better browser.

Thanks.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I loose my navigation bar as soon as i move from the top of the page today.

Windows 7 IE 8.0.7601 (work computer cannot change over to mozilla or any settings on the browser)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi NiCd,

What do you mean by you lose it? Do you mean the floating navigation is not working, or do you mean that once you move down, and then go back up you lose the main navigation too? So, are you able to surf the site without problems just like you did before the edit was made?

Thanks.