Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
So......
In all seriousness, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MOVE THE TANK.

Unless it is empty. Or you will break something!
Ok. Think we have come to conclusion - empty tank - rock & water. Move & put back together. Dam. Bloody tanks. Anyone want one !

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
im sorry too...:(
And so you should be................its no dramas really, i did actually get a laugh out of every post, but just wasn't helping me move the bloody thing. And it looks like it will take some planning to do so. Thanks

Oct 17, 2015
Pretty far out thought, acrow props and appliance wheels. Similar to the above suggestions, use the props under the top cross beams, lift squarely then put appliance wheels/dolly underneath

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
What you'll have to do to move it, even empty is place 2 timbers under the bottom of the top of the stand. Jack it up, place it on the Hilman rollers, move it and jack it back down when in place. I would NOT attempt moving it with anything in it Lesley, you'll end up with a rock through the side or bottom of the tank. Not to mention the fact that you'll be supporting it on 2 points instead of the entire base which could crack the tank.

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
I moved a tank on a stand a quarter full once, the joints weakened unknown to me and three weeks after the move the stand colapsed and 400l went everywhere!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I moved a tank on a stand a quarter full once, the joints weakened unknown to me and three weeks after the move the stand colapsed and 400l went everywhere!
oh, terrible. Lets hope that doesn't happen here. eeeek.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
If my insurance company got wind that I was moving an aquarium that had unsecured rocks in it, they'd jam it up my ass about 1/2 a metre, break it off and leave the balls hanging, then they'd cancel me. If, and that's a big IF, you want to move a tank with sand/water in it you need to support the tank on the top part of the stand directly under the tank, lift evenly, place on a dolly and move. Pulling a tank across the floor on its base with stuff in it is a recipe for disaster.