Tank Journal Archive

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Here's why I hate the cold and snow. Imagine you have 2 pieces of sand paper inside your knees sanding on the ends of the bone all the while it feels like someone's trying to pry your kneecaps off. Not a pretty picture is it? That's what I endure on a daily basis in the cold from the Rheumatoid Arthritis. No problems in the summer, but in the winter I'm damn near crippled from the pain.
I would take up a happy-drug habit if I were you. You in a state that's made it legal?

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Looks like a warm up is in the works, gonna be 10+ next week so I can get the urethane on it. M and I were having an OH SHIT moment about the stand fitting through a door, the front door will just barely allow for it without having to take the damn thing totally out of the wall, lol. The pisser is, we demolished the front steps this fall, then it got too cold to pour concrete so I'm gonna have to heft the stand up a metre to get it in the door.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Coat 1 of urethane on, #2 tomorrow and a pic or 2. The first coat ALWAYS looks like shit because it absorbs at different rates, looks like the stand has mange, lol.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
2nd coat is on, looks like we'll be doing the change soon. I've been feeding the rock in the vat heavy so I can change out some of it for this cube. Gonna try something different this time around, I picked up some 6mm PVC rod to stick it all together. Stay tuned for more info.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Looks like we got the stand done just in the nick of time, going down to -5 tonight and will be -20 by Sunday night!!! :eek

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Got the stand in and in the process managed to wrench my knee AGAIN. Gonna throw the tank up, mark off the holes and cut them out. Looking for a 29 gallon to make the sump.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Still feel like crap, pneumonia is what the docs suspect so I'm outta commission for a few more days. The temps tomorrow and Friday are forecast for -25 to -30 here and 10 in Key West. Definitely going to see some damage to the already stressed reefs there. In 52 years, I have NEVER seen temps this low.