Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

@RCanik , I totally get your frustration at prices. My LFS guys are trying to sell me Current USA TrueLumen Pro lights, for $700! The 2 pack is $100 in the USA. I just can't fathom if they think I'm stupid or not. Having trust issues today.

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
@RCanik , I totally get your frustration at prices. My LFS guys are trying to sell me Current USA TrueLumen Pro lights, for $700! The 2 pack is $100 in the USA. I just can't fathom if they think I'm stupid or not. Having trust issues today.
I'm not really frustrated just find it somewhat amusing. Like I said, its a two way street. And really, I'm kind of stoked that stuff that was unbelievably expensive back home is so readily available here. Gives me a chance to own something different than what I had in Canada!

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Has anyone seen any Long nosed Hawkfish in any LFS? Hawkfish/wrasse/gamma or basslet would be a fantastic tank. (fully aware that the hawkfish might have to move into the 180)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Has anyone seen any Long nosed Hawkfish in any LFS? Hawkfish/wrasse/gamma or basslet would be a fantastic tank. (fully aware that the hawkfish might have to move into the 180)
If you are referring to this
awww.liveaquaria.com_images_categories_large_lg_26143_Longnose_Hawk.jpg

Then you will find these fairly regularly - probably around $50 - $60

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
If you get a hawkfish you seriously won't regret it!! I love mine to absolute bits, he's a pain in the arse with newcomers but other than that his personality is amazing and the behaviour's are absolutely hilarious sometimes!! :p

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
If you get a hawkfish you seriously won't regret it!! I love mine to absolute bits, he's a pain in the arse with newcomers but other than that his personality is amazing and the behaviour's are absolutely hilarious sometimes!! :p
we're just going to have matching tanks I think haha

I'm hoping the hawkfish/wrasse/basslet or gamma combo will happen. First and most important for me is the wrasse haha. So once it's in the tank and settled I'll worry about the other stuff.

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
cool...and r they compatible with most other fish? are they aggresive in there nature?
There's a pretty decent American website liveaquaria.com that has a great little compatability chart and gives a simple break down of most fish found in the aquarium hobby. It's a go to link for me when I want to find out some stuff! But yes, they are fine with other fish

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I love my hawk too, never going to have a reef tank without one either! I've only ever see aggression towards smaller gobies and blennies but anything his size or bigger is fine :)

we're just going to have matching tanks I think haha

I'm hoping the hawkfish/wrasse/basslet or gamma combo will happen. First and most important for me is the wrasse haha. So once it's in the tank and settled I'll worry about the other stuff.
hahaha I agree :p
I'd add the hawk last but that would be an awesome combo of fish! :D The wrasse will be the best first addition as they're the shyest of them. I can't wait to see this tank get stocked and up and running!! :)