Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I usually hide some power supplies and cords at the back, the mirror doesnt give you any leeway, but that is not that hard to overcome.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Wow guys not a positive word yet! lol

The mirror is removable and I'll contemplate that because of the wiring but haing said that it is only like that for the time being I still need to buy a cable box from bunnings or a little puff storage container.

The tank location is perfect and was picked out by her mum and her previously 8months ago when they were talking about getting their dad a tank...I am always listening and remembering :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So I went over and rearranged the cables and installed some cable boxes, I plugged the Apex in but won't configure it until this Sunday.

My gfs brother-in-law will be helping me out with the dosages while I can't get there so huge thanks to him it helps me out a lot.

Last night however was a very eventful night.

I unplugged the cables and re-ran most of them as neatly as I could in the cabinet and will finish off the outside on Sunday when I set up the Apex, I'm hoping to have the tank completely set up and not have to tinker any more, only minor things.

So I unplugged the hose from the return and took it out of the guide hole in he sump cover, I rearranged all the cables and plugged them in then turned it on thinking yep all good.

Nekminit Fontana Di Trevi lol forgot to plug the hose back in, it then shorted out the power because one of the plugs got wet, really embarrassing don't know how I forgot it.

Then I concentrated on one thing at a time sorted it all out dried wet plug and the cabinet and mirror and all, triple checked everything and then turned it all back on, no more fountain lol.

Next I thought ok cool we're set, walked away with the wet towel to put it in the wash *booooffff* ran back to the tank, couldn't see anything out of the ordinary....smelt a burning smell...'gee that heater looks flexible it never fit like that before' realised that the heater blew, turned everything off, took all the glass out, and thought ok now nothing more can go wrong, luckily it didn't. Funny how I said I'll buy a titanium heater so it's efficient and won't explode, but since Sewatec have been slow with my order I had to buy an aquazonica, im not sure if it was because I hadn't programmed the Apex and used it on a port for something that was meant to turn on and off constantly causing it to happen or if it was just flimsy.

I made the mistake of not setting the Apex up so the light was in an on/off pre-programmed port so has been turning on and all every 10min, I unplugged it to work on it when I finish it all on Sunday.

So now here are some pictures that do not tell any of the story lol.

DSC_0778.JPG

Updated picture of the cabling in the sump, will be running the white osmo cable with the rest on Sunday :) thanks to @NiCd for the tips.
DSC_0779.JPG

Cable clutter to work on once I get the Schego heater in and connected
DSC_0780.JPG

Apex Controller :)
DSC_0785.JPG

Here's the picture of the work left to do on the tank...looks like a lot but to me looks like light at the end of the tunnel :)

DSC_0786.JPG