Tank Journal Archive

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
broke a top corner off the rear pane of glass while moving it (it's now in my kitchen;)) , Will be buying a new tank when it gets moved back to where it was once the reno's have been finished. Going to go a slightly over size 2ft, which will take it up to about 100L. Also going to secion off the skimmer as I am getting a few annoying micro bubbles, not too bad but enoug to be annoying

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
i find that mine, when in a spot it really likes, will extend out to easily twice the size of its skeleton :cool:

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I have had the helio in there for a bit over a week, when it's fully open it really doesn't get all that big. unless it's not opening fully for some unknown reason. I had just moved it in that pic obviously though

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Well the LFS down the road from my work does an off the shelf size of 2' x 16" x 18" pretty cheaply, which is a bit bigger then the standard 2ft everywhere else. Once I partion of the skimmer then the "display" area will probably end up very similar if not a little bigger to what I have now

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Starting to look really nice Josh. Is that my xenia on the sand on the right hand side? I will be down at marine plus on Sat morning I'll send you a sms and see if youre around and I'll pick it up. The morph frag I have for you has healed up nicely and is growing already!

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Thats all I'm keeping for myself, I have another bit off to the left just out of the shot for you. It has 3 heads and currently tied to a rock with fishing line but I'm guessing it would be stuck there by now

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
water tests,

SG 1.025
ammo 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0-5ppm API test for this is junk color straight out the bottle is the same as 5ppm doesn't start at 0
ph 8.4
calc 450
alk 8.5- 9
mg 1500

and had to get my LFS to test phos as I don't have anything for this came in at 0.14 on a photometer

think the phos is up (not too badly) due to moving the tank last weekend, didn't really move too much of the rock but still did around about an 80% water change. I'll do a 15L change this weekend and see where it's at

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Looks blue in that pic..... I would pay unbelievable amount of money for a blue helio...... My fav coral and colour ;)