Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Mtg Tank Journal Update June 2016
Howdy all. well i have finally started stocking the tank again after i found the cause of my issues.... smart ato wasn't to smart... not happy a product can rust like it did..

Oh well lets move forward now and start getting this bad boy to how it should have been a year ago!

Like normal ive headed towards hammers but with scollies on the sand supplemented with zoos and a couple SPS hanging off the rock. thats the plan anyway!

matts reeftank June 2016.jpg

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Love those hammers.

Although I m running a braceless tank atm, I really do like the euro brace look. If I had one I'd put a lid on it and fill the water right up to the top, like in the Fluval edge aquariums.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Love those hammers.

Although I m running a braceless tank atm, I really do like the euro brace look. If I had one I'd put a lid on it and fill the water right up to the top, like in the Fluval edge aquariums.
all my past tanks were rimless but got sick of fish jumping and splashing water over the edge. so every tank going forward will be euro this ones been amazing!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
haha its getting there! just needs to be packed out with coral now and some more fish!

currently just have a blenny, spotted mandarin an anthia and a yellow assessor
Not a bad point to start packing from though haha can't wait for the next update in 18 months again :rofl

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I was naive, now doubt, but when I first saw the braceless tanks I imagined be able to fill them right up to the rim.

Obviously, because of the weir configuration you can't.

But, I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I realised you can't fill them to the rim (I don't use a sump and so have been able to fill my tanks almost to the very top).

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I was naive, now doubt, but when I first saw the braceless tanks I imagined be able to fill them right up to the rim.

Obviously, because of the weir configuration you can't.

But, I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I realised you can't fill them to the rim (I don't use a sump and so have been able to fill my tanks almost to the very top).
in rimless? you are crazzzzy what about when you have to clean the glass? :P power module means im cleaning the glass every 1-2 days!

Nice to see you back MTG :)
Cant keep me down :P

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Do you mean clean the glass lid or clean underneith the brace?

Never have to clean glass lids as the condensation ensures a self-cleaning process. No salt creep either for the same reason. Do have to clean the exterior side of glass lids to remove dust (that would otherwise end up in the tank).

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
in rimless? you are crazzzzy what about when you have to clean the glass? :p power module means im cleaning the glass every 1-2 days!

Cant keep me down :p

Do you mean water splashing out when you clean the glass if filled to the rim? I wonder if that would happen much with a euro brace? Something to think about. I have moved to Canberra and I am thinking of setting up a smaller eurobraced tank and actually filling it to the rim...

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Do you mean clean the glass lid or clean underneith the brace?

Never have to clean glass lids as the condensation ensures a self-cleaning process. No salt creep either for the same reason. Do have to clean the exterior side of glass lids to remove dust (that would otherwise end up in the tank).
im confused now i think your going to have to show me some pictures!

I am going to hold you to that!! :p We better see some more action from you! ;)
your wish is my command. added a clown pair and two new hammers
tank june 2016.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Fine ill keep on updating haha not sure how much i can fit in here without it looking messy but ill try!
You have to fill it to the brim, 75% coral, 20% fish and 5% water hahaha it'll just be nice seeing some life from you :p I managed to get and start a new tank while you were gone hahaha

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
You have to fill it to the brim, 75% coral, 20% fish and 5% water hahaha it'll just be nice seeing some life from you :p I managed to get and start a new tank while you were gone hahaha
And @Wrangy , you still have a long ways yet to go to catch the 10000plus post count of MTG :D