Tank Journal Archive

AdzTank

Aug 9, 2012
Hey I'm new to this forum and i am in need of some advice.
I have a Aqua Marine 900 that same as yours and i have the marisys 240 system and the only mod i have made is that i have replaced the bio balls with seachem matrix it has 2 clowns, 1 blue starfish, and various snails and corals, and i cant get my nitrates below 20ppm i was hoping of adding more fish but im scared they will just die if i put one in. Thanks:)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I have a Aqua Marine 900 that same as yours and i have the marisys 240 system and the only mod i have made is that i have replaced the bio balls with seachem matrix it has 2 clowns, 1 blue starfish, and various snails and corals, and i cant get my nitrates below 20ppm i was hoping of adding more fish but im scared they will just die if i put one in. Thanks:)
Welcome, firstly.

Secondly, how often do you do water changes? The only real way to reduce nitrates is to change you water ... and of course clean your filter system to make sure it is not 'trapping' nitrates.

lol the old marisys 240 yes i had one and i hated it so i got rid of that old thing and got a sump it was the best thing it ever did for my tank;) hear is a link to my first post in my tank journal where it has pics of my old marisys 240 and if you go thought my tank journal you will see all the upgrades i have done to my tank :Dhttp://www.thereefuge.com.au/board/threads/my-175l-aqua-marine-900-mixed-reef-tank.2496/:)

AdzTank

Aug 9, 2012
I do a 25l water change once a fortnight and clean out the filter pads once a week.
I uploaded a video so you guys could see my tank tell me what you think

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
AdzTank :welcome

Why don't you create a new thread about your tank-start a TJ and more people will see it and be able to help as well:D

Bentri8

Jun 25, 2013
Hi josh. I also have a aqua 900. Did you ever have any issues with a bio film on the surface. And what are your thoughts on the skimmer mine never seems to make any waste which make me wonder if it is actually pulling anything out of the water....