Tank Journal Archive

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Thanks @Agent M.

I May have some good news he was still surviving today after I got home from work and I tried all the usual foods and as normal not interested. I was thinking what else could I try that sort of looks like sea weed and I thought of something that has been in front of my face the hole time and that I should have realized was flake food..... I have not tried it as I did not have any but luckily my in-laws had some gold fish flake food. And what do you know he has pigged out on it the two times I have put it in tonight. So I don't want to get my hopes up but may still work out.

If it works should I get some Marine flake I don't know if it is any better or not??????

The other strange thing that is going on is all of the other fish in the tank just hang out with the tang in a big group most of the time. Wonder if they are circling like vultures haha. The are not nipping at him just hanging out strange.....

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Thats great to hear! A lot of the flake foods, whether fresh or marine, are based on the same kind of thing - a combo of fish or shrimp meal and wheat flour. I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, I do believe that generally the animals know best - you can switch him to something more specific to him once he's in the clear.

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
I have never known a fish that can refuse live brine shrimp - not very nutritious but anything is better than nothing.
I thought about going to buy some sea monkeys :p i would not know were to start to get a good amount up and going. He is eating the flake still so I will keep that up and hope fully will put the wait back on.

May do an extra water change due to the excess food I have put in to the system

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Nah the LFS on the sunshine coast are not very good hens why I got the Tang from reef secrets and just ordered some corals from reef savers HAHA

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Disaster today........... The Tang was doing ok still eating and was getting fatter. However the spot was a little bit worse but he was managing. The disaster was we had a birthday party for my 4 year old boy and some of the kids apparently were hitting the tank and scared the tang and it darted in to a rock. Now the poor Tang has a torn gill and a hole in the side of him :( Definitely the nail in the coffin I believe

Gives new meaning to don't tap on the glass at the LFS shops..... :banghead