Reef Discussion

B

Bite me

how did the fish look when it was in their tank before purchase?
To be honest, she wasn't doing much their and I suppose i should have been more careful to observe behaviour- however it didn't look like it was gasping for breath.

B

Bite me

Could have already had an issue and this has not helped. Of course being that the SG wasn't checked there is no way to tell.
So, as I said in the original post... the fish was sick when I bought it.

I have lowered my salinity by a point to see that helps- my other fish aren't phased.

I've put up a pic of her-she has been sitting there the whole morning and not moved.you can just see the big fat male in the back "grazing"

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
So, as I said in the original post... the fish was sick when I bought it.

I have lowered my salinity by a point to see that helps- my other fish aren't phased.

I've put up a pic of her-she has been sitting there the whole morning and not moved.you can just see the big fat male in the back "grazing"

yes it may have been, but as it started to improve and now going downhill again, there may very well be another issue, it is worth investigating at least I feel.

Reactions: MTG
B

Bite me

yes it may have been, but as it started to improve and now going downhill again, there may very well be another issue, it is worth investigating at least I feel.
I wouldn't say she's gone downhill again, rather she hasn't changed at all from last night. Yes she moved a but and I thought she had improved last night but I am not convinced...

B

Bite me

I fear that attempts of people to help in this thread have been mis intepereted. Seeing the reaction to this help makes me disincline to help with this or future issues you may have
And you felt the need to post this publicly despite being told by admin to pm with issues? This is why Internet forums aren't great- people like to troll.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
And you felt the need to post this publicly despite being told by admin to pm with issues? This is why Internet forums aren't great- people like to troll.
@dr_schell is one of the most knowledgeable and nicest people in marine life in this country, he is far from a troll.

Something you will learn here is we are all very friendly and helpful to eachother, I would say 90% of people on here have met another member at some point. This is rare.

When you react how you did to people trying to help you, it doesn't sit well, hence the replies. It comes across that you do not appreciate people's help and only want to hear someone agreeing with you. People have better things to do with their time than to help people that don't want help.

I am not saying this is you, I am saying that this is how it comes across to me.

Now lets leave it at that and concentrate on the poor fish that is suffering and not any of this other garbage.

B

Bite me

@dr_schell is one of the most knowledgeable and nicest people in marine life in this country, he is far from a troll.

Now lets leave it at that and concentrate on the poor fish that is suffering and not any of this other garbage.
Exactly. Comments that improve the fish are the only thing Im Interested in. Not comments on what I plan in the future. People became fixated on my planning to isolate the fish rather than getting it to a point where it can even go that far.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Exactly. Comments that improve the fish are the only thing Im Interested in. Not comments on what I plan in the future. People became fixated on my planning to isolate the fish rather than getting it to a point where it can even go that far.

That is because isolating it will almost certainly do more harm then good, this is why we have advised against it.

I understand your reasoning for want to do this, I really do. I keep these fish myself, but at this point I feel it is the wrong move so will voice my opinion

Reactions: MTG
B

Bite me

[quote="aussieant32, post: 10
I would say 90% of people on here have met another member at some point. This is rare.[/quote]

Not really in my experience. It's very common for members of forums to meet. I happen to have met quite a few from other forums and only joined this one recently as it was recommended to me.

The Isolation idea was to ensure a healthy mandarin could be observed properly, not a sick one. And that is why she is not isolated now

B

Bite me

As far as I am concerned this post is closed. No further comment required. Mods are free to delete the entire thing.