Tank Journal Archive

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Looks great with the new lights!

I hate that chalice! It's the same colors as the one I lost :( ah well I get to see pics of it and now yours :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thanks les!! ive been told they're pretty hardy so thats why i went for them. and it was only $10 :) there are some really nice chalices out there too! im still undecided as to whether i should get a flame angel or not. a lot say they would do fine in there when bought around the 5 cm mark. or should i wait till i get a bigger tank and go something else. i just love the colours on that fish!

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Go on just rub it in! My best looking chalice I got from a fellow member and I managed to kill it! Lol they usually are hardy this one just had issues with Aus Post I think, I'll wait till your is big and get you to frag me a piece :D

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
sure thing Les!! it seems to be growing already. its glowing green around the edges. im guessing its trying to grow more mouths...?

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
okay sweet! well theres about 12-15 mouths now. need some glue to stick it on. just sitting on the rock atm and worried the scooter blenny might want to sit on it just for kicks :P

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I would not really consider any angel reef safe. There are some that are better than others, but most will have a go at your corals etc

If you do get one, eventually.. make sure they will let you return it in case

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thanks for the heads up @aussieant32 :) what else would you recommend to put in the tank? kind of swinging towards a banggai cardinal and/or midas blenny. dont intend on putting any fish till after i get back from my holiday with the girlfriend though haha. i would love to see you set up a nano tank mate :) i reckon you'd do wonders!!!

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
been there and done it. Much prefer larger tanks.

Banggais are cool, but alot of people say they are boring after a while. I love the striped cardinals, I have 6 and 2 checkered, really like them. Blennies are cool, I have a lawnmower, probably my favourite fish.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
he looks to similar to a scooter blenny, which i already have. but i have to agree, they're pretty cool fish! do you have a tank journal on your nano? would love to see it! i love the orchestriped cardinal. but they seem like the kind of fish that prefer to be in groups?