Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
yeah the guy sowed me what the corals looked under all the different spectrums. fair to say my light now washes out all the colors of my coral haha. cant wait to get my hands on that thing!

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
No more hermits for me, I put 2 nassarius snails I got off the Doc and the bloody crab was attacking it within a minute.

As has been mentioned, turbos do a good job and spawn at least once a week in my tank. Dove snails are good for a nano, they stay really small but have big appetites and help with the glass (still need to manually wipe it they don't eat the whole lot) . Nassarius and strombs for the substrate work well.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I havent seen any of my fish eating any so far but they get that much to eat they are probably too lazy!

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
haha it would be interesting! turbo snails are pretty big though! 2 of those including the trochus would be too many in my tank dont you think?

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
They don't get huge like trochus do, my biggest is maybe 2.5cm across the shell and thats being generous. I had 1 trochus, 5 (I think) doves, 2 nassarius and 7 turbos in my 2 foot nano 50L and hardly saw any of them. I doubt I would have got any more though it seemed about right.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
so two turbos, a stromb, and a pep as my cuc? quick question, how do i get more pods in my tank? just want to make sure the the scooter blenny doesn't go hungry whilst im not feeding him. and you're right, deer park aquarium is awesome! will be going there from now on :)

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
nope, 1 should be enough. They can starve. If you see that there is still algae etc on the sand after a few weeks, add another. I would go for 1 strom and 4-5 nassarius snails

MichaelBinns

Jan 20, 2013
Melbourne
yeah 1 stromb is plenty, mine didn't stop eating for 3 weeks straight, now hes hiding in the sandbed for a few days, tipping he will be out soon and doing the same again, mine hasnt caused me any trouble since i got it, hermits on the other hand.... worst decision.