Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
hahahaha. so any opinions on gluing the thin piece of rock to the bigger rock? and types of corals i should be looking at getting?

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I like the idea of the rock ledge, will give a nice stable platform for a monti.

As for other corals I would be on the lookout for some nice colored zoas to attach to the rocks and let them grow over them.

How much flow would something on the top of the rocks on the right hand side get from the pump on the left? If it isn't too strong maybe a duncan would do well there.

BTW that round green coral on far left of my tank is an acanthophyllia, a lps coral commonly called a doughnut coral.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I would get a bright colored fungia or scolly for the sand bottom rather than an elegance, if mine is the norm then the growth rate of it would make it too big in about 6 months depending on the start size.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
just an update on the tank guys! going to get an illumagic comboray DIY led unit for my tank. apparently its the best thing money can buy these days. dave at lifestyle aquariums in deer park was more than happy to chat to me about and tell me all there is to know. he was so helpful that i wanted to help him with a sale to thank him for all his patience. so should get that new light in the next 2-3 weeks. my leather coral i got has finally stopped being a sook and shown all his green polyps. he looked quite waxy and released what looked to be shed skin. he looks considerably bigger to when i got him and that was only on wednesday that passed. @Priscacara, as for corals, ive gone in the direction of a duncans coral in the bottom right hand side of the tank. ive moved some of the rocks around too. ive also thought of adding a platygra species down near the back of the tank to fill it in once i get rid of those rocks.

here are some coral and fish pic updates. thanks guys :)

1366623588940.jpg

My scooter blenny (tony hawk) showing his good side. ive got some algae growing on the glass. any recommendations on what critters will clean that up for me?

1366623587915.jpg

Baby goni i got from Mentone aquarium, which they chucked in for free. growing nicely with some new polyps.

1366623590233.jpg

Leather coral with green polyps

Attachments

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
I have the illumagic blaze. Fantastic unit.

The leather will do that, its him getting used to your water, they generally all do it at first. Its completely normal
yeah i was freaking out a little haha. what kind of snail can i get to get rid of the algae growing on the glass? ive got a trochus snail but he doesnt seem to be doing anything :S

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
yeah i read about the blaze series! thats has different light settings correct? how much did that set you vack?

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
haha yeah ill grab one next time i pop down to the aquarium. after more live rock too to make more hidy holes. have you guys seen pygmy flameback angels around or pygmy cherub angelfish? would love to get my hands on one for my tank

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
yeah spoke to dave at deer park and he said he could get a few species in. i really want an electric blue hermit crab to pick up crap on the sand bed. but no one seems to have them. just your run of the mill everyday hermit crabs i always tend to see

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
you're a snail man i see :) yeah the looked pretty awesome :) will that be okay with a peppermint shrimp though? cos i want a pep in my tank also haha