Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
ahh okay. i just hope my scooter has enough to eat. i always see him picking at the rocks and sand so seems to have enough :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
just a quick update!
went down to deer park aquarium today to put down some more money on my illumagic comboray light. only $150 to go :D so hopefully have it in the next two weeks. whilst down there i bought some more live rock to fix my scape in the tank. i realised the right hand side looked a bit bulky and lacked some outlets for flow to pss so fixed that by making more holes through the right hand side of the scape. scape looks a lot better now. also couldnt help but buy a zoa frag of dave today. looks pretty cool. wont be putting any pictures up until i get my new light because i know it will look baller when i get it haha.
also got hit with the car rego payment today due in about a month so my spending towards my tank will be heavily subdued haha.
will start up a proper tank journal once im happy with the way the tank is going.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
yeah spot on! the scape is looking good at the moment! the whole saving up gives me some time to plan which is good :) there was a single polyp zoa on one of the live rocks i got today which im happy about. have to do a couple of small water changes to the tank in the next week because there might be a slight ammonia rise due to the introduction of the new live work.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
quick update! had extra cash floating around and bought my new light :D also bought some bargain corals and a new home for a small yellow tail damsel. new scape, new light, new corals, new fish. corals love the new light and everything is happy and healthy :)
pics to come ;)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
ill try post it tomorrow :) yeah i gave it a really good thought and thought to myself that the tank has been going good for 3 months fully cycled and ive waited 4 weeks between fish which i think is a pretty good general rule. well i hope it is anyway. feel free to bite my head off if you think 1 fish once a month is still to quick haha. i went a bit insane on some coral buys today but they had all the bits i wanted and for only $10 each how could you resist? :P

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
Mate I am not biting your head off. Just trying to save you some heartache. Stocking include corals as well mate.

I won't mention it again mate, didn't mean to offend or sound like I was having a go

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
no no none taken mate! anything on here that i dont count as a compliment i class as constructive criticism. apologies if i came across as defensive. wasnt intending on it haha

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
so i just recently got the new illumagic comboray DIY LED. and its a fantastic little light!! here are some photos of the corals and fish in my tank. hope you like it :)

1367043829446.jpg

purple chalice with green eyes i got for $10...thats right, $10

1367043830963.jpg

acan/micro/blasto garden

1367043832602.jpg

eagle eyes zoa under blues

1367043833969.jpg

green chalice under blues

1367043836300.jpg

green and purple zoa

1367043838085.jpg

eagle eyes zoa under full

1367043839425.jpg

under blues

1367043840895.jpg

yellow tail damsel eating well and loves swimming through the rocks

Attachments

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
thanks mate :) looking at getting some snails. thinking nass or cerith. might get a stromb snail too. ill see what i can find out there. just need something to clean the sand haha

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
All looks healthy so far, and that chalice was indeed a bargain! Which LFS?
thanks mate! i got it at deer park aquarium! awesome store and the shop owner knows his stuff. really friendly and always helpful :) a bit far from you though haha but worth the trip i'd say :)