Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Thanks guys, its a fun "bucket of water" to play around with

The tanks half stripped down at the moment its basically a xenia forest with a few other peaces of flubber and sentimental SPS frags, couple of clams and some hair algea thanks to a busted RO/DI filter and a crapped out skimz skimmer that has moved from my office newpaper weight to Azfish's balcony decoration for guess to kick and cover themselves in skimate.

Still waiting on a replacement pump that was meant to have been sent over two weeks ago, have gotten other packages from qld that were sent on the weekend but mysteriously not this one.

Tanks getting moved 2 times in the next month or so, so keeping it lightly stocked coral wise til after then.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
so im guessing you have also been getting poor performance from a skimz product like so many. bumber they are a realy nice looking skimmer.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
in fairness to them, after they have been running for a few weeks they are a great skimmer. the thing that has left me sour with them is that ive owned this for 7 months, the last 4 i have not been able to use the skimmer because im waiting on replacement part/s

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
I so wanted to try and get some bubbles in that pic, she has the perfect angle happening for some serious bubble blasting action :D

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
in fairness to them, after they have been running for a few weeks they are a great skimmer. the thing that has left me sour with them is that ive owned this for 7 months, the last 4 i have not been able to use the skimmer because im waiting on replacement part/s
seems like the same problem alot of people are having. i would be pushing for a refund

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
seems like the same problem alot of people are having. i would be pushing for a refund
I brought it through daz, i prefer to bin it than take money out of his pocket for a issue that isnt his fault

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
i was talking about with the manufacturer! that or a brand new unit. :mad:
The AU distributor would never give me the retail price of the unit back, I cant even get a pump out of them. Ive also gone around and slagged it off everywhere so good luck trying to resell the thing

holla_passer

Oct 3, 2011
Sydney
It looks really good! I actually like how it looks uncluttered...just a handful of nice specimens..it looks really really natural.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
The whole flubber thing is actaully growing on me, just anoys me a bit how quickly everything grows

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
The xenia has had over 20 frags taken off it over the last few months and its still increasing in size. Even with only one fish and a few pellets of spetrum a day it seems to grow like a mofo