Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
im just glad hammers dont grow that fast. they are destructive enough when they are small :D
i cant believe how fast that xenia is growing. i actualy like it better with less acro in there

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
there is still about 4 pieces of acro and 4 pieces of NPS and even a hammer but they seem dwarfed in comparison to the xenia and leather

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Its already hard up against the wier, I could move it to the RHS but id dosnt gain much, the NPS are in the shade of the xenia

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
yeah it wasnt too bad waiting when I was at the other place, now im back at como and I have a big empty wall staring me in the face makes it harder.

Im going to keep this tank running as a QT and also to try a few challanging things out although im not sure what those are at this stage. I was thinking of giving NPS a better crack but I dont know if I can get my hands on enough cool corals

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
two outa the three new tangs. Have had them a little over two weeks now they are now just getting to be the same size as the bangai (around 2.5 cm) I have been fattening them up on 3 feeds of mysid and enriched brine a day as well as 1/4 to 1/2 a sheet of nori a day. Im hoping to get them to around 4-5cm by the time they are ready for the new tank​
IMG_0193.JPG

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
heheh yeah only in auto mode though, I basically want auto mode but so the flash wont come on but I havnt figured that out yet.

Thats my new desktop image at the moment.

It took me about 15 attempts to get a photo of the xenia so it was all at the end of the pulse and about 20 attempts at getting the tangs near the bangai for perspetive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
A month in and the tangs are now bigger than the Bangaii, the bangaii looks like he is about to explode with so much food lately.

Xenia is now taking up about 2/3rds of the tank :confused:

Received the skimz sm121 back about a week or so ago, its just filling up with garbage foam every hour. Thought there may be something in the water so did 2 50% water changes a day apart. Its still doing it. Emptied the cup around 15 times on the weekend to see if that would get rid of whatever is foaming but its still going.

Have sent an Video to the AU distrubtor for his ideas, havnt had a response back yet.....

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Can do one tonight, just had the camera with me as I was walking out the door and thought i would take a quick snap, tank is looking neater now there isnt 15 frags sitting at the front and its not there are anthia that i am trying to hide :)