Reef Discussion

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
reef roids/ cyclops eez? what should i feed my corals?
hi guys been old to use reef roids or cyclops eez just dont no what to go for, reef roids is fairly pricy has anyone used it befor? any suggestions on what to use, at the moment im crushing up spectrum fish food into a poweder then adding a little bit of tank water then squirting it over them, but was thinking of going down the line of reef roids or something like that,
i want something that will help the corals grow and make them look alot better?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Reef roids work well for smaller polyp corals cyclop ezze seems good for lps, fish ect. Its a shame it doesnt show a comparisons with cylopezze but here is an independant study done on a few popular feeds with various corals feeds and the affect on their skelital weight, so you have to say it does work.

areefbuilders.com_files_2012_03_coral_feeding.jpg

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Cant get it in Australia, I tried importing some but it got pinged at customs

All the key ingredients are included in Reef Chili:
• Bio-engineered Zooplankton
• Spray Dried Phytoplanton
• Freeze Dried Rotifers
• Freeze Dried Copepods
• Dried Daphnia
• Spirulina Powder
• Artemia Nauplii replacement diet

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
Fucken Australia we can get anything, grrrrr and everything is cheaper overseas, they sell corals on eBay for Christ sake :( oh that's what I forgot to put in, what about marine snow I've been to heaps f aquariums no one sells it

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
wetwebmedia reckons marine snow not great anyway
i use reef roids as well as cyclopeeze. i also like coral diet

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
hi guys been old to use reef roids or cyclops eez just dont no what to go for, reef roids is fairly pricy has anyone used it befor? any suggestions on what to use, at the moment im crushing up spectrum fish food into a poweder then adding a little bit of tank water then squirting it over them, but was thinking of going down the line of reef roids or something like that,
i want something that will help the corals grow and make them look alot better?
Have you tried talking to your coral, works a treat :)

There are so many to choose mate, a few people use frozen baby brine shrimp and frozen rotifers.
A few guys feed live baby brine , live cultures etc etc
Others use brands like you mention, comes down to conveniance and what you want to put in your tank.

Stability, attention and time will make them thrive.

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
Haha nils not that stupid mate, haha, um I used to feed the line brine shrimp still do but it's a pain in the ads when half just floats away and fish eat them il go through my choices haha an might go get something, where do I get rofties from or what ever they r

Mel22

Mar 17, 2012
Were you feeding them baby brine shrimp or the full size? You can easily target feed your corals with baby brine.

You can get frozen rotifers at your LFS.

EDIT: firebird beat me to it.

Mel22

Mar 17, 2012
The baby ones are TINY, you can hardly make them out as brine shrimp.

Plus, it will probably specify on the packaging whether they are BBS or not..

Mel22

Mar 17, 2012
They're not the babies, they're the bags of live adult brine shrimp.

When you go to your LFS, they should have baby brine shrimp and frozen rotifers there, just ask them (if you want to go down the route of feeding them to your corals that is). Otherwise, the link to Reef Roids is there. There are other options also, so it's really up to you.

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
remember though that you don't have to feed huge amounts-so although it's pricey it can last