Tank Journal Archive

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
Yes definitely having some fun.
Matt the fts is an empty tank with the Bubble King and two 6205's :)

Just getting some quotes for sumps. I went to a place that will remain unnamed that quoted me $400 !!!!!!!!!!
No wonder some LFS go out of business! I laughed and walked out of there pretty quickly. Waiting to hear back from two other places now.

Seriously, a 2.5 x 2 foot tank not even 18 inches high cannot cost $400!!!!!!!
Now I remember why I made my last sump. I just don't have the time to do it now as things are hectic with the house move.

Reactions: MTG

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Where abouts are you now?? I got my old tanks made by mick at southport aquariums if they are still in business. Prices were good and so was the quality. Aquariums r us at woolowin are cheap and they don't charge for the excess silicone dripping everywhere nor the scratches on the glass it's all included free :)

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
Sarg, I moved about 10 minutes from where I was. The place I went to about the sump didn't seem interested at all in my business and said "good luck getting it built for under $375". I have sent out a few quotes and I'm certain they will be around half of that.

Ben, yes the move happened quite quickly. Ended up finding a place near my old house that is much bigger.

DAY1, rum is the only bottle that is allowed in my house :) Just no meetings where bastards can take anything!

DAY1

Jun 8, 2012
Brisbane
Yeah , i am with you , Just have a nude BBQ , that way they can't smuggle anything out of your tank , Then again they might walk out with a clam wedged in their butt cheaks :eek

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
And that wouldn't surprise me in one way !

Anyways have my quote back for the sump today. $180 from Maryanne's Aquarium. A far cry from the ridiculous quote from the shop in Brisbane.

I washed all my substrate and placed it in the tank today so my wrasse has somewhere to sleep tonight ;)

Tank is clearing up and the search for new lights has begun!

DAY1

Jun 8, 2012
Brisbane
Sounds good , I have your corals here mate , give me a yell and they will look good in your tank . You just need a few more Hammers ;)

TJReid

May 21, 2012
Frankston
the tank i was trying to describe in my tj you posted in would near about's have to be your tank ! fun that... it was coming along nicely is it still running or have you moved house ?

DAY1

Jun 8, 2012
Brisbane
That morph is back in my 7 ft tank , I originally gave it to Leon 6 months ago as a single morph , it has produced a new baby , I have about 10 of these in my 6 ft tank and 4 in my 7 ft tank , They were collected in the Northern Territory about 6 years ago , I have never seen them eat any of my live stock ,
Some get those bubbles , others don't , they can expand to 12 cms , and are a vivid toxic green
I have a lot of unusual Morphs and Rhodactus in my 6 ft tank , I will try to get some photos of these :D

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
TJReid, yes the tank is still running as FOWLR at present. All the fish have settled in after the big move and are out and about fully eating like pigs!

The tank resides in the entranceway of my new place and will get noticed a lot more by visitors now.

Chimaera, the morph is back in Geoff's tank now. It really is a very bright green. Looking back at that picture, it now ha two heads that are that size. Good growth. The bubbles seem to come out more when there is food in the water column.

Thanks Geoff, I will concentrate on keeping the tank stable before I add any corals. Those hammers will complement yours very well. Might go SPS for this time round, not really sure yet. 3 or 4 nice acros of the same colony and go from there. Going for something different.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
That morph is back in my 7 ft tank , I originally gave it to Leon 6 months ago as a single morph , it has produced a new baby , I have about 10 of these in my 6 ft tank and 4 in my 7 ft tank , They were collected in the Northern Territory about 6 years ago , I have never seen them eat any of my live stock ,
Some get those bubbles , others don't , they can expand to 12 cms , and are a vivid toxic green
I have a lot of unusual Morphs and Rhodactus in my 6 ft tank , I will try to get some photos of these :D
If you have so many you should send me some. :p

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
If you have so many you should send me some. :p
Geoff has some of the best corals I have ever seen!

Neat tank

I placed the T5's on the tank yesterday and had forgotten how bright they are. I had to make a stand for the light as the ceilings are very high in the entranceway and there was no possible way I could do a ceiling mount with the suspension wires.

Just ended up using 25mm black aluminum square section tubing with plastic connectors to do up a simple stand. This stuff becomes more rigid as you add more sections and joins at right angles. It's not the ultra sleek suspension look like before :) Still practical though.

My new sump should be here in the next few days and I have everything ready for the changeover.

As the tank is the first thing you see when you walk into the house, I am looking for options to clad the stand. I like clean lines, preferably with no handles. Just to decide on colour now :)

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
So here is the tank at the new place.
It's the first thing you see as you walk into the house.
Water has cleared up perfectly and all the fish are happy.
The tank is located at the doorway next to the stairs and fits perfectly :)
And a FTS with just my live rock :p
CSC_0269.JPG
CSC_0272.JPG
CSC_0270.JPG