Tank Journal Archive

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Yep, left 2 messages. I was referred to Rob at Aquarium 3 in Burleigh, for big tank builds. He came over and discussed the overall, and has just come back with a tank build price, that seems reasonable.
Keep you posted.
Tks
Jac

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Somethingfishy,
by way of update, I found this guy who does big tanks, Rob of Aquarium 3. He has shown great attitude and willingness to get involved, so I have decided to go it with him. Critical was to determine the overall , final, size and location, as the new slab is being prepared. Plumber was here on Wednesday, then we plumbed the 'spagetti' for the aquarium, as it will all need to run from the tank, down to the basement where we will house the Sump, pumps etc.
Electrician comes tomorrow, so steel can be installed by end of the week, and with some luck, the slab poured next week. Thereafter, things start going fast, with blockwork and roof.
Hope to be able to sign off on the tank build this week, so it all runs parallel.
Still have a ton to finalize, with which pumps, controllers, lights etc.. but step at a time. Lesley's new build has given me great insights.
Keep you posted.
Jac

Somethingfishy,
by way of update, I found this guy who does big tanks, Rob of Aquarium 3. He has shown great attitude and willingness to get involved, so I have decided to go it with him. Critical was to determine the overall , final, size and location, as the new slab is being prepared. Plumber was here on Wednesday, then we plumbed the 'spagetti' for the aquarium, as it will all need to run from the tank, down to the basement where we will house the Sump, pumps etc.
Electrician comes tomorrow, so steel can be installed by end of the week, and with some luck, the slab poured next week. Thereafter, things start going fast, with blockwork and roof.
Hope to be able to sign off on the tank build this week, so it all runs parallel.
Still have a ton to finalize, with which pumps, controllers, lights etc.. but step at a time. Lesley's new build has given me great insights.
Keep you posted.
Jac
Thanks @Jacques Pels, I'm sure this will be a huge undertaking. Lesley has a sweet system starting to take shape here.. watching with interest. Those lights... killing me over here...

Funny how its called they're final build :rofl