Off-Topic

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
pfffft bloody linux users, soon you will be saying you changed to osx
Fuck no. It uses a FreeBSD kernel - which has always been my preferred server OS. Far more secure, stable and streamlined than Linux distros. A lot of Linux guys are put off it because it has some quirks that confuse them (unless they're old blokes that actually used UNIX). The BSD flavours are very serious about security, and are very good at not wasting resources.

I won't use OSX as a Desktop OS though - too limited to hardware choices, and it really has this market at not letting you screw up, which is really, really, really frigging annoying when I know exactly what I want it to do lol.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Shit is getting real in here :p
No, no it's not. Just a little boy talking about his inefficient, flashy, overpriced virus ridden sess-pool operating system that needs a supercomputer to run it, and me talking about an operating system that can actually run on a supercomputer and still keep up ;)

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
I just saw the title of the thread had computer in it so I came in here with the expectation of seeing @MTG and @DavidS flinging shit at each other and I dont leave disappointed!

Oh and heres my computer. It does the job but runs slow while the power is on.
Eagle420.jpg
Eagle420.jpg