Off-Topic

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
dont know what it is, but cant stand laptops/ultrabooks, have one at work for solidworks but hate it. its my personal one and i never bring it home, just dont like using them. tablets for general browsing and a real pc for real work and gaming.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
dont know what it is, but cant stand laptops/ultrabooks, have one at work for solidworks but hate it. its my personal one and i never bring it home, just dont like using them. tablets for general browsing and a real pc for real work and gaming.
I use the ultra book for Photoshop on the move, tablets we're over priced with the sort of power I needed

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
yeah i can understand that. hence why i use the laptop for solidworks cad work. but as for general use, there shit. hence why i dont take it home from work. tablets are useless for processing power, but for general crap there fine to use, easier to handle, lighter. more than fast enough. tablets have already pretty much killed the netbook market for these reasons.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
yeah i can understand that. hence why i use the laptop for solidworks cad work. but as for general use, there shit. hence why i dont take it home from work. tablets are useless for processing power, but for general crap there fine to use, easier to handle, lighter. more than fast enough. tablets have already pretty much killed the netbook market for these reasons.
the other issue i have is space. most the tablets only have small HDDS atm, each image i edit makes a 500MB PSD file, not to mention the raw file itself is 40MB, then a 20MB jpg, i fill that space up quick smart!

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
yeah i know, hence same as me, laptops at work for cad work, impossible to do it on a tablet. but in saying that i still hate using a small screen to do cad work. 15" laptop screen sucks compared to the workspace on a 27" lcd on my pc. i just prefer to use a real pc for real tasks, but my job requires i use a laptop as i need it next to the cnc machine to use the laptop to run the cnc machine. doesnt mean i like it lol

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
in saying that though, i have a decent laptop that allows me to play bf3 and starcraft 2 at work when im bored lol. i do like that side of it.

Damo

Jun 4, 2012
Ipswich
LESS CHATTER MORE PICS

Ok here is my setup

intel I7, Gigabyte motherboard, 16gig ddr3 ram, GTX 560ti gpu, NZXT switch 810 case, Corsair HX850 psu, H100 water cooler. Custom built last year with 2 x 27 inch monitors. My system is a little different as i run Mac OSX natively, i find windows terribly slow as at times aggravating. My desk is soon to be demolished and replaced with a custom designed unit. Going the whole hog this year.

vj2eo.jpeg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Nice setup mate!!

(I know I'm about to potentially start something here lol)
Loss of points for apple products :p haha

Damo

Jun 4, 2012
Ipswich
Nice setup mate!!

(I know I'm about to potentially start something here lol)
Loss of points for apple products :p haha
pfft lol

I just cant stand windows, its clunky and has a massive data footprint. On a 60gig SSD you get about 15gig free. Pitiful lol. I made the switch in 2008 and i dont think i will ever go back. Unless apple go to DRM or AMD chips ill stay with them. The Intel chips are a powerhouse for what i do. I am designing my desk as we speak but its gonna be a project and a half. I dont like cables or clutter so i am basically redesigning my entire office when im done i dont want to see a single cable everything will either be wirelss or very hidden if i could i would do up a log for it i would love to get some input :P

roamin

Nov 6, 2012
Lol even a Mac keyboard. Are you one of those windows is shit. I hate windows. Blah blah macs the best blah blah but deep down you know windows shits all over a Mac so you bought a windows PC? Ha ha ha

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Lol even a Mac keyboard. Are you one of those windows is shit. I hate windows. Blah blah macs the best blah blah but deep down you know windows shits all over a Mac so you bought a windows PC? Ha ha ha
Would you like something sharper to stab that hornets nest with? :D
Everyone who uses something better than Windows (which is everyone who uses something other than Windows) knows that they're using something better :p

Damo

Jun 4, 2012
Ipswich
Ok im no fanboy. I am actually MCSE qualified, well i was back in 2007. I just dont like how windows works everything is backwards. To specify, i have a windows partition on my computer and i wanted to use my wireless printer. I had to go find the driver disk, put it in, run the program, then allow the program to make changes, then tell i was sure i allowed it to make changes, then run the program get to the end after clicking next about 9 times. After that i had to print a test page and stuff around with the fax and scanner side of it. Honestly it took about 25 minutes.

On the mac side i searched for a wireless printer found it and the OS did the rest it downloaded all the relevant software did the setup for me. It even setup the fax side of it for me all i had to do was punch in the number it asked for and done. Installing programs is easier everything is just simpler.

Like i said I'm not a fanboy but my time is worth more to me. I can sit on my couch and do what i want instead of stuffing around with the OS. And another reason i have had an iPhone since 2007 so i don't really want to learn another phone OS and it works seamlessly with OSX. And well macs are simply made better. I know a guy that bought a macbook just to run windows it only took him about 3 moths to put osx back on it.

I usually find people that go off about someone else using a mac or mac related products are very narrow minded or cant be bothered to experience something a little different. You want different though try linux now thats a learning curve.