Tank Journal Archive

suta42

Aug 13, 2011
sydney
Sorry to hear about the losses...seems Murphy is in overdrive when we're away!

I know it's ideal to have a fellow reefer check on your tank. Notification of power failure IMO is probably the best first line of defence. I say this as someone whose POS vortech battery back up didn't work when it was supposed to. :(

On the bright side, at least the corals are ok and some fish survived.... Just try to think the 'glass is half full' and not half empty.

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Sorry to hear about the losses...seems Murphy is in overdrive when we're away!

I know it's ideal to have a fellow reefer check on your tank. Notification of power failure IMO is probably the best first line of defence. I say this as someone whose POS vortech battery back up didn't work when it was supposed to. :(

On the bright side, at least the corals are ok and some fish survived.... Just try to think the 'glass is half full' and not half empty.
I am now seeing it as glass half full, would of been too hard to start from scratch again.
I am now starting to think about restocking options and am thinking either a pair of Bellus Angels or a Potters Angel to start

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I am now seeing it as glass half full, would of been too hard to start from scratch again.
I am now starting to think about restocking options and am thinking either a pair of Bellus Angels or a Potters Angel to start
I'm cannot recommend the bellus enough :) I love my little female bellus angel but neither of those choices will lead you astray!