News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Tank Journal Update
Hello everyone,

Recently a lot of you have been asking about the Tank Journals. The Journals are close to launch and it will require a little bit of work on the bloggers behalf.

For those of you who own tank journals, please prepare to move all of your journals to the new system. This means that you will need to go through your tank journal, and "bookmark" each update that you made. You can easily do this by clicking on "post-it" at the bottom of each post.

Once this is done, we will post further instructions.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Do we need to do this as private or public book marks The Reefuge?
Hello DavidS,

This can be done either privately or publicly. It is simply to allow users to quickly organise their updates on their tank journals.

im confused....so what was once our TJ needs to be moved?
Correct, they are moving to a very powerful blogging system which will make tracking and reading journals very easy.

thereefuge will the rest of the migration be automatic?
Unfortunately not, there is no way for us (aside from manually checking) each entry to know if it is a journal update or a simple reply. Because of the amount of work it is much easier for the users to move them over (as it will take a maximum of twenty minutes) their tank journals. If the staff was to do it, there will be months and months of work. If users do it, we can get the entire system up and running in a week.

The journals are something this site will pride itself on as it will be very unique to The Reefuge.

Please stay tuned for more updates.

Thanks.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
How will the new tank journal system affect the original journals? Will they be kept given the sheer volume of posts and discussions that have gone on in them, or will these be lost?

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ok so someone please explainhow to do this...i would like to know the following:

will my thread still be available that i currently use as a TJ or will it be deleted?

what if i dont wanna lose my TJ as it is, do i need to post-it all of the posts in the journal?

best example... @NiCd's with 34 pages or whatever it is?

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
the old posts will remain if i understand correctly. Someone else might confirm this but i am certain thereefuge doesnt want to lose the content either!

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

The old thread will remain but will be locked. It will be used strictly as an archive thread. You will be able to read it but not update it, and nobody will be able to post replies to it. The new tank journal will be completely open.

Thanks.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
Will all replies in the old thread be transfered into the new journals? Or will you have to go back to the archives to see the original posts?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Will all replies in the old thread be transfered into the new journals? Or will you have to go back to the archives to see the original posts?
The new tjs work in a completely different way so that wouldn't work. you will see soon and will understand :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ok but is there a way we can see the new TJ before we prepare to embark prior to knowing if the future holds good value? i believe they didn't get a chance when they built noahs ark, however we've come a long way since then...by that i mean instead of 2 animals to mate we can throw a third in there and have a jolly old time