Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Another 100% RO change completed, I haven't done any testing on the water and I'm not planning to but once it's in the tank with salt I'll test once a week :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I thought you might get that lol I'm really excited to not only FINALLY have a tank again but also to have all the extra space that will come with it!

I'm going to sit down and have a think and plan of what I want in and from the sump then send that off to the master for review lol
There is something quite beautiful about the KISS acronym- in terms of functionality I run a sump that incorporates an auto top off reservoir with capacity that won't flood under the following conditions , if the auto top off fails on the on position And the tank return not running simultaneously.

On the lines of simplicity my sump has two compartments only , equipment and second for return pump and auto top off float switches.
I run no bubble trap.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
There is something quite beautiful about the KISS acronym- in terms of functionality I run a sump that incorporates an auto top off reservoir with capacity that won't flood under the following conditions , if the auto top off fails on the on position And the tank return not running simultaneously.

On the lines of simplicity my sump has two compartments only , equipment and second for return pump and auto top off float switches.
I run no bubble trap.
Simplicity will be playing a large part :) It's only going to have a few sections which will all be multi-purpose as it's a big sump and won't leave a great deal of cabinet space outside it lol. I'm thinking of having sections for the following:
- Filter sock section, only going to use them occassionally not 24/7
- Skimmer compartment/extra equipment
- Matrix section
- Return section
- Now this might be combined with the matrix section but I would love to have a frag section to be able to put everything in rather than running frag racks in the DT as they're hideous lol
- Maybe an ato section depending on space and such :)

It's a little more complex than the simplicity I would like but it's a big ass sump so I'd like to take advantage of it and hide everything I can in there :) lol

what did you do? Fill your new tank with RO?
Nah, I've got all the rock in a 50L tub. Don't have the tank yet :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Simplicity will be playing a large part :) It's only going to have a few sections which will all be multi-purpose as it's a big sump and won't leave a great deal of cabinet space outside it lol. I'm thinking of having sections for the following:
- Filter sock section, only going to use them occassionally not 24/7
- Skimmer compartment/extra equipment
- Matrix section
- Return section
- Now this might be combined with the matrix section but I would love to have a frag section to be able to put everything in rather than running frag racks in the DT as they're hideous lol
- Maybe an ato section depending on space and such :)

It's a little more complex than the simplicity I would like but it's a big ass sump so I'd like to take advantage of it and hide everything I can in there :) lol

Nah, I've got all the rock in a 50L tub. Don't have the tank yet :)
i see, out of curiosity did you perhaps test the phos on that exchange of used water?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Lol, just re read it and got the answer
Mainly as I have no test kit lol need to get some new reagents for my phosphorous hanna checker :) As I'm not treating the water for phos, there's point testing as it won't change any outcomes or methods lol once it's in the tank with phos remover then I'll be a little more attentive to the water parameters :)
I'm still tossing up between a prawn or a smallish pinch of food per day to feed the bacteria before adding any fish, I'm currently leading towards food at the moment as that'll be just as easy and more in line with what will be happening down the line :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Go the food option mate.

When do you leave rotting prawns in your tank?
haha that's what my line of thought was, a good pinch of pellets will ensure the bacteria is growing well :) I'm hoping with all the effort I'm going to seed this rock with various sources it should mean I can get a fish in there in a week or two as I don't see bacteria levels increasing in any substantial way beyond that without a more steady and effective input lol tests permitting of course ;) lol

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
haha that's what my line of thought was, a good pinch of pellets will ensure the bacteria is growing well :) I'm hoping with all the effort I'm going to seed this rock with various sources it should mean I can get a fish in there in a week or two as I don't see bacteria levels increasing in any substantial way beyond that without a more steady and effective input lol tests permitting of course ;) lol
Get the matrix in your seedy bucket while you at it :cum

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
I was getting down to many computers/consoles growing up (NES, SNES, Master System, Mega Drive, Atari, Amiga 500, Macintosh, Lynx, 286, 486 etc etc)...... but the special place goes to *drum roll *

awww.rcgrabbag.com_wp_content_uploads_2007_12_dsc02573.jpg

Last edited:
E

ezza

Sadly that's true :( I wish they never made it haha I'm happy to keep playing Morrowind though, being my favourite game of all time! lol
They are amazing. Gameplay in the first one I hated lol but the story is amazing so I played it through and now that I'm used to them they're actually really good.
lol I'm mildly worried about that but the amount of excitement for being able to fly around and explore planets has that worry buried :p

Awesome, my girlfriend LOVES Black and White! We've try a heap of times to find it and install it but haven't had any success yet :( lol

haha it's a shallow tank, 18" tall and the stand is a metre in height which is amazing :) The rest of the details are a lucrative business till later this week ;)
You can have my CD if you can make it work on these modern day computers. I'm pretty sure it's still in the office. I lost a day a few years back when I found it and loaded it up. I spent way too long beating my cow up.