Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
You better not leave us hangin' like that mate!!! :D
What do you mean? I put up a cool photo didn't I- lol

BTW got the coolest fish too.
Had one years ago .....
My missus begged and pleaded like a spoilt child until I said yes..... Now that's hanging:rage

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I have some of that second one, its another Xenia sp. Should do ok, its been a very slow grower for me.

You haven't completely embraced your soft side until you have a leather in that tank.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I have some of that second one, its another Xenia sp. Should do ok, its been a very slow grower for me.

You haven't completely embraced your soft side until you have a leather in that tank.
Hahaha!!!! A leather is a long time away..( maybe if it's ultra toxic colour lol )..even these are pushing it a bit but I've come up with a solution , prob going to have to frag these thing so at least I can get some pocket money for the pleasure of seeing these things grace the tank.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
You're going to give them low self esteem if you keep calling them 'these things'. If you can get that Cespitularia cranking you'll have no prob getting pocket money.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Oh no :( The sps reefer's community has suffered a terrible blow to one of it's esteemed and highly valued member! RIP SPS Serenity :dead hahaha

Nice pieces mate :) Can't wait to see these in the tank and settled nicely and all opened up!! What was the fish???:poidh

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Oh no :( The sps reefer's community has suffered a terrible blow to one of it's esteemed and highly valued member! RIP SPS Serenity :dead hahaha

Nice pieces mate :) Can't wait to see these in the tank and settled nicely and all opened up!! What was the fish???:poidh
Don't worry - the coast to coast weir is a great holiday destination these days , for those that flubber too much.

Since you asked
image.jpg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
The dragon is a busy body , digging under all the rock work for pods and all sorts. His belly got fat from his efforts today.

The ones I've had in the past were green and white ... He is like moss grey and white, just love his shape and form and his beautiful patterned face.

Last edited:

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I was chasing this today on the auction , but missed out ....
I think this dragon certainly makes up for not getting it....

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I used to supply most of the East Coast of the USA with Bettas back in the late 70s. That Dragon is brown because of where it's from.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I used to supply most of the East Coast of the USA with Bettas back in the late 70s. That Dragon is brown because of where it's from.
Correct , suspect he is an import... Our Aussie hand caught are green and gold lol.

I got my first betta in 1984 - we are showing our age now ;) But I guess we were always destined to keep fish...