Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Looks like a Dr just b4 he is going to check .......oh wait you mean that invert........
lol
Hey boy you got a purdy mouth now lets just you drop them pants. Gettem off, panties too.

That first pic is most likely a Stomatella snail. They will reach high numbers depending on how much food is available to them and as you found out, they move pretty fast. I sell off about a dozen every few months.

And I'm glad to see someone wearing PPE with the gloves.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I don't wear gloves for minor things but I wear gloves when shifting things around so I can forget about creepy crawlies and move quickly :p

I'm fairly sure my brittle star is eating turbo snails - I moved everything into another tank, and placed a whole bunch of turbos on the same rock he was on. Few days later there is a neat pile of empty shells in that same spot and nowhere else.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Anyone know what this little snail is? The camera didn't capture the colour correctly, the dark pattern on its shell is more of a red than a brown.

snail.jpg
snail2.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Does it eat algae off the glass? If so I'd say some sort of Nerite snail, there's about a gazillion different species from around the world.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Does it eat algae off the glass? If so I'd say some sort of Nerite snail, there's about a gazillion different species from around the world.
I'm unsure what its eating, when its on the glass it appears completely inactive which makes me think its nocturnal. I thought there was one, but recently saw two out at once, so thought I'd better figure what it is.