Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Well Here I Go Again . .
Why do we keep doing this?
I've decided to go as big as I can without eurobracing. 1200 x 700 x 500.
I'll be putting my order in with Dennison again. PPG glass of course.
I'm really looking forward to giving the fish some more swimming room.
Got my heavy duty feet and will order the stand next week from the guy who built my current one.
IMG_1139.JPG

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Silly question though - is the euro bracing that much of a deal breaker? Seems like a lot of work for not a massively larger tank?

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
The main reason for the change was to get more front to back space so that I can create a two bommie layout giving the fish a figure 8 swim area. Not that I’m doing everything @somethingfishy76 does but his scape looks and works so well for his fish it was certainly worth trying the same.
Plus I can keep my beautiful healthy tangs longer.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Well, big change of mind. I’ve decided not to go ahead with the new tank.
I’ve just suddenly lost interest in doing it and probably just shelve it.
When I’m feeling better I’ll just concentrate on manicuring the current tank and making it look a bit better.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I know that feeling Dave, sometimes you need to go with what you have and relax a bit. I'll see something on a transship list and want it, then I thing, damn, another tank, screw that.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Hey at least you are discovering this now, not 3 months down the track. Was surprised when I first saw this thread as your current tank is a amazing!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Well, I’ve snapped out of my fit of depression and the new tank is back on track.
Put my order in yesterday with Denison for another of his brilliant tanks and a sump.
I’ve got a different mob putting together the stand, which should be ready in about a week.
Looking forward to improving some features from the current tank.
Parcels should start arriving soon for the new bits I’ve ordered - good to be into it again.